The_Matrix
March 28, 2024, 07:08:11 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Guests: Register for a free account today, and you can customize your profile, read hidden boards, and add your own posts and comments too!

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

You cannot catch a child's spirit by running after it.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: You cannot catch a child's spirit by running after it.  (Read 1031 times)
wizer

« on: March 18, 2009, 12:07:50 pm »

....You must stand still and for love it will soon itself return.

Here's hoping that this is ultimately true.

The last contact I had with my eldest daughter was February 2007, and my youngest...September 2008. I moved out of the martial residence in 12/2006 and right up to that time I was a very involved father..at least in my youngest daughter's life..my eldest and I were a bit rocky..but heck we were in each other's lives.

A big part of the reason I have stopped reaching out is because I'm thinking if I go quiet..they will get curious..they will miss their father who has always been there for them..and they'll come knocking..one way or the other..

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

fairydust
Bronze

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 12:18:52 pm »

I think that might be true.. and in the meantime No Contact I think is a helpful thing for all these painful situations with spouses, parents, children..etc. good luck.
Report Spam   Logged

Skylla

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2009, 03:22:52 pm »

Wizer....I have said it to you before, I believe once your daughters grow up and get out from under their mothers thumb, they will come around.  You will someday have your father/daughter relationship back.

They are teen-agers, its normal even under the best circumstances for teen-ager to break away from their parents.

I did with my parents, my sons did with me, but once they become adults they realize how much their parents mean to them.  And then you will have back that close relationship you had with them when they were younger.

I know someday you will be posting here......how your daughters came to you.... thumbsup.

In the mean time, don't ever loose hope.
Report Spam   Logged
wizer

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2009, 04:42:02 pm »

I'm just glad that the two of you didn't post the same thing I used to hear all the time....which is

"you should just keep trying".

That's one thing I just don't want to hear anymore..regardless of whether or not it's the "right thing to do".

Even those who know me well in real life say the same thing...I tried a lot harder than many of them might have done if they were in my shoes.

Report Spam   Logged
Skylla

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2009, 07:09:09 pm »

I'm just glad that the two of you didn't post the same thing I used to hear all the time....which is

"you should just keep trying".

That's one thing I just don't want to hear anymore..regardless of whether or not it's the "right thing to do".

Even those who know me well in real life say the same thing...I tried a lot harder than many of them might have done if they were in my shoes.

As a general rule...with any teen-ager...the harder you try, the more they will rebel.   I believe if your girls were younger, they would not be acting this way towards you.

I'm sure you have tried more than most.  They will remember that.  And someday they will come to you.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: