The_Matrix
March 29, 2024, 10:13:58 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Guests: Register for a free account today, and you can customize your profile, read hidden boards, and add your own posts and comments too!

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

How to cook Ramen (arguably the cheapest "food" in the entire world)

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to cook Ramen (arguably the cheapest "food" in the entire world)  (Read 825 times)
wizer

« on: January 27, 2009, 03:59:26 pm »

Condensed from the article in which I found it

I bet you have heard of the infamous 15 cent (give or take 2 cents) packet of noodles with seasoning

This method involves:

* 1 (or 2 if you’re hungry) Ramen Packet(s)
    * 1 large microwave safe bowlButter Bowl
    * Water
    * Microwave

1. Open the packet(s) of Ramen and lay the seasoning packet aside (if you have an extra packet that has dried veggies, you can just dump those, I imagine). If you are preparing two packets at one time, I would break the noodle block in half where the break is parallel to the direction the noodles lay.
   2. Insert your noodle block(s) in the container. Hopefully this isn’t too hard. I generally try to lay them in side by side so as to fit them all in the bowl.
   3. Fill the container with water, but not to the brim. I generally fill it with water up to about an inch from the top of the butter bowl.
   4. Place your container in your microwave and set it for 3 minutes on HIGH. This time may vary for you.
   5. After it is done, turn the noodle block(s) and place back into the microwave for another 1 to 2 minutes to ensure that your noodles are cooked evenly.
   6. When that is done, take the container out and drain the water off until the water is a little less than level with the noodles. I keep some of the water so that when I season it, I will have some soup left over after I’m done with the noodles.
   7. Season the noodles with your seasoning packet(s) and mix thoroughly. If you want, you can experiment here (but only at your own risk!) and add steamed shrimp, chives, or whatever else you might want in it.

Once that is done, enjoy the frugal, sodium-laden noodle soup of joy!
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

RWS

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 04:33:05 pm »

I do it on the stove top.  I am also very careful to only cook them 3 minutes, like the package says.  I hate my noodles mushy!  They will continue to cook in the hot water though.
Report Spam   Logged

Remember, it doesn't matter whether you win or lose; what matters is whether I win or lose. (Darrin Weinberg)
Murdock

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2009, 09:55:04 pm »

if I don't cook dinner... which rarely happens... the hubby and kids cook ramin.

it's cheap... but loaded with salt.

not my idea of "dinner"  huh
Report Spam   Logged

~ Laughter is a Vacation ~
wizer

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2009, 10:08:39 pm »

if I don't cook dinner... which rarely happens... the hubby and kids cook ramin.

it's cheap... but loaded with salt.

not my idea of "dinner"  huh

Isn't just about everything loaded with salt?

Usually when I have enough time, I make myself a healthy quality meal...tossed salad, and a Hot Pocket Ham and Cheese. Those things are high in salt too, and you can't get much healthier than one of those.

tong
Report Spam   Logged
Murdock

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2009, 10:18:17 pm »

Isn't just about everything loaded with salt?

Usually when I have enough time, I make myself a healthy quality meal...tossed salad, and a Hot Pocket Ham and Cheese. Those things are high in salt too, and you can't get much healthier than one of those.

tong

step away from the hot pocket  eew
Report Spam   Logged

wizer

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2009, 10:27:39 pm »

step away from the hot pocket  eew

I'll STARVE!

surprised
Report Spam   Logged
Murdock

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2009, 10:33:03 pm »

I'll STARVE!

surprised

Report Spam   Logged

wizer

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2009, 10:34:50 pm »

vomit
Report Spam   Logged
Nikkie

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2009, 12:17:35 am »

So, just how many years are you trying to take off your life?  And how quickly?  shock
Report Spam   Logged
wizer

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2009, 12:35:23 am »

So, just how many years are you trying to take off your life?  And how quickly?  shock

Just the years between 98 and 112. I won't be needing those.

Report Spam   Logged
Murdock

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2009, 05:13:15 pm »

I got the munchies last night... so I made beef ramen  cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

fairydust
Bronze

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2009, 12:14:53 pm »

I used to like to drop a raw egg in mine and cook it along with the ramen till the whites set. yummmy. Have not eaten it in years though.. I ate so much as a kid and my daughter finally has seemed to OD on cup o noodles. That was a daily thing for her for years and i just recently noticed she has not been asking for it lately at the store.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: