The_Matrix
March 28, 2024, 04:23:47 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Guests: Register for a free account today, and you can customize your profile, read hidden boards, and add your own posts and comments too!

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Apple sued over exploding ipod touch

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Apple sued over exploding ipod touch  (Read 443 times)
wizer

« on: March 14, 2009, 09:49:50 am »

Apple has been sued by the mother of a 15-year-old boy who said his 16GB iPod Touch exploded in his pants pocket, burning his leg.

The boy apparently realized his Apple Itouch had exploded and caught fire in his pocket. The boy immediately ran to the bathroom and removed his pants which had burned through to his leg causing 2nd degree burns. The mother is now seeking excess of $225,000 in compensatory and punitive damages.

Maybe the pants pocket isn't the best place for some of these devices that can get quite hot when they're processing data. Something similar happened to me, but it wasn't a device, it was a 9 volt battery (with both terminals at the top unlike regular batteries), that I had in my pocket with a bunch of change. One of the coins shorted the terminals..I was driving at the time..at first when I felt the warmth I thought I pissed in my pants..and then there was a popping sound as the battery exploded. Luckily I wasn't injured.

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Fine Point

rainmusic

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2009, 09:52:35 pm »

You were very lucky you weren't seriously hurt. 

Pity about the young man though.
Report Spam   Logged

There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance—that principle is contempt prior to investigation. – Herbert Spencer

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: