The_Matrix
March 29, 2024, 12:51:55 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Guests: Register for a free account today, and you can customize your profile, read hidden boards, and add your own posts and comments too!

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

How to build a garden fountain anywhere, out of almost anything

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to build a garden fountain anywhere, out of almost anything  (Read 1369 times)
wizer

« on: March 13, 2009, 01:45:47 pm »

I've always liked water features as part of landscaping..by water features I mean anything from a small freestanding fountain, to a large pond with a waterfall.

Here's an article I found that is really innovative and describes how you can make a fountain out of just about anything, including a statue that was not originally meant for that purpose. This article specifically describes using flat rocks, and there is some drilling involved, however, the concept can be used for just about any structure that is made to be outdoors and would look nicer with water flowing over it. It involves digging a hole, installing a pump with a pipe sticking straight up, covering the hole with screening and supporting wood pieces, and then placing the rocks (or statue, or whatever), on top of the screen and feeding the pipe through it.

Full article text and photos HERE

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Fine Point

rainmusic

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2009, 03:24:08 pm »

I love, love this idea!  The possibilities...
Report Spam   Logged

There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance—that principle is contempt prior to investigation. – Herbert Spencer

GoodWitch

There's No Place Like Home

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2009, 03:35:45 pm »

If I tried to do that, I'd end up entombing myself or something LOL
Report Spam   Logged

wizer

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2009, 04:42:51 pm »

I love, love this idea!  The possibilities...

Yeah that's what I thought too..anything you can place on top of a screen covered hole and drill a hole for a pipe to go through- becomes a fountain.

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: