The_Matrix
March 28, 2024, 06:58:46 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Guests: Register for a free account today, and you can customize your profile, read hidden boards, and add your own posts and comments too!

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

the last person to post here wins

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: the last person to post here wins  (Read 5058 times)
fleamailman
Bronze

« Reply #120 on: May 12, 2009, 02:37:59 pm »

("...I suppose it's just two ways of looking at things, the detraction is that one has a small member base, the plus is that one is dealing with people who are known factors, I just prefer the later, rather than looking over my shoulder each time..." mentioned the goblin)

repost from elsewhere, the "swine flu" thread

the goblin felt that much of what had been posted till now was valid, however his overall conjecture was that the authorities were playing their cards badly, in that, as pointed out before, this is not something nearly as deadly as SARS coronavirus, with its very high death rate, "...in fact, we are looking at something on par with normal influenza, nothing more than that it seems..." said the goblin, adding "...and what are we doing, we are using a stored vaccines on it, so what will happen now, if an outbreak of a SARS like infection occurs in six months time, where we already know how long it takes to stockpile vaccines like this, and that there are not enough vaccines for everyone at this point...", the goblin stopped, as if remembering something else "...the truth is that humans not exposed to infections cannot gain an immunity to them, this strain is new and our bodies are not used to it, agreed, but this infection is rather like that live polio vaccine where, unlike normal vaccines, dead material isn't used, simply, this mild infection could turn out to be a body defense booster, which until it is proved otherwise, should be allowed to run its course though the community in my opinion, with those vaccines saved for only the very weakest amongst us...", perhaps the goblin's words smacked of eugenics here, but somehow the idea of "controlled forest fires", was the goblin stance, since everyone knew what eventually happens to a forest where no forest fires is allowed, so the body, much like the forest, has to have something to build up its own immunity with, or otherwise it dies when the "big one" breaks out

Report Spam   Logged
wizer

« Reply #121 on: May 12, 2009, 11:10:51 pm »

("...I suppose it's just two ways of looking at things, the detraction is that one has a small member base, the plus is that one is dealing with people who are known factors, I just prefer the later, rather than looking over my shoulder each time..." mentioned the goblin)

I'm sort of middle of the road on that one.

I've banned at least a dozen trolls from this board. Sure they supplied post volume and occasionally even said something interesting...but I preferred to keep this board clean and make it a place where people could post without "fear of retribution and flaming".

The extreme would be to keep registration private and limited to known members only.

The other extreme would be something like Trollvalhalla where virtually anything goes short of bestiality, pedophilia, or copyright infringement, and the only reason those things are prohibited is because the site would be shut down if that stuff was posted.

Report Spam   Logged
fleamailman
Bronze

« Reply #122 on: May 13, 2009, 05:11:23 am »

In fact, the goblin had mentioned it before, but for him at least, this site always felt like being in America, though it was an America without pretense or brag here, just an everyday one with everyday members living everyday lives, "...well make that two donuts and a American coffee please..." shouted the goblin to to the bistro owner's wife again, she looked back, first perplexed, and then burst out laughing "...oh sinor goblin, you trying to kill me, your joke is very funny my sweet one...", somehow this enormous credibility gap had just opened wide where the wooden floor of the bistro had been, even though the goblin was in earnest here, simply he liked America when it didn't notice the camera

Report Spam   Logged
fleamailman
Bronze

« Reply #123 on: May 13, 2009, 10:00:26 am »

the goblin liked the replies, saying "...the post count, hit rates and ratings only makes one neurotic as there will always be other members and sites that have a far greater number number of whatever than one does but what of it, when the only thing that actually matters is "are you happy being here", if so, "stay"..." but for the goblin it was always "him against himself" here, in that, in posting, he won against the part of him that was saying why bother each time

Report Spam   Logged
GoodWitch

There's No Place Like Home

« Reply #124 on: May 14, 2009, 02:30:27 pm »

Quality over quantity any time, IMO.
Report Spam   Logged

fleamailman
Bronze

« Reply #125 on: May 14, 2009, 05:28:49 pm »

("...agreed..." said the goblin, adding "...except when it comes to money, then I will probably accept quantity over quality...")

most everything about me is explained already somewhere, the "writer" bit comes next except that it doesn't in that I am not a writer, or that perhaps what most people think of as a writer is not my interpretation of one, simply "a writer is not what he has done but what he is doing", what of it, well nothing really, save that everything that I have ever written is dead at this point, set in the past, belonging to the Internet and utterly dead, so perhaps this "journey to self" of just "facing the slot" like now is what then..." the goblin paused knowing he couldn't quite bridge it, "...that "publishing" I feel, is for some fossil minded fame seeking type whereas here in this small triangle of computer/coffee/self, I have had all the live writing, interaction and anonymous fame that anyone could even wish for..." ventured the goblin who knew deep down that he was lying, "...OK I admit it then, no there's never really is enough anonymous fame for this goblin it seems..." laughed the goblin at himself, that is, as if the result of being famous while still remaining anonymous really made any difference in the long run

Report Spam   Logged
wizer

« Reply #126 on: May 14, 2009, 11:57:06 pm »

the goblin liked the replies, saying "...the post count, hit rates and ratings only makes one neurotic as there will always be other members and sites that have a far greater number number of whatever than one does but what of it, when the only thing that actually matters is "are you happy being here"

Post counts buy happiness.

Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged
Jade

« Reply #127 on: May 17, 2009, 11:00:39 pm »

Post counts buy happiness.

Cheesy

It did at one time! Now i am depending on the real world, and agasp....doing well at it!  LOL

Didn't even need a 12 step program.

Thanks Ken!  Steve you help too when you get on IM LOL
Report Spam   Logged
fleamailman
Bronze

« Reply #128 on: May 18, 2009, 03:09:33 am »

(the goblin held the hit count above the post count, if only because "the former is self generated whereas the latter was given", and although his dailylife too, was often the source of posts, but he never let it cloud the issue here, saying "...yes one finds oneself through dailylife, but a large part of ones character remains hidden without writing though that doesn't need to be posts per say...")

In the old house the mirror to the bathroom is always there, just as it has been since the goblin's childhood, its full length, and, to anyone else of course, would be just another mirror like any other mirror that they pass in the course of their day that is, and yes the goblin too passes many mirrors in his day, except that each time the goblin looks into the depths of this one mirror he see himself yes, but besides seeing his own reflection as most people would, he also sees those ghosts of himself years before, not as some tease, nor as a premise for regret or something, no, only as something "matter of fact", as those ghosts were then, or as they still are perhaps, “...well it's a compromise goblin...” said one of them suddenly, continuing “...we don't get to live on into that “you” we see here, but we do retain our countenances which is more than I can say for you of course, you're dying goblin like everyone else that is, whereas we can't die, ah but we can't change either, simply we're as “stuck aground” in your past, as you are “stuck adrift” in your present goblin, and we salute you for simply we owe ourselves to you then, that's all, dare I put it as it's as if you are the “last post” of us...”

« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 08:28:34 am by fleamailman » Report Spam   Logged
fleamailman
Bronze

« Reply #129 on: May 19, 2009, 08:31:21 am »

once more the goblin rides the crest of the last post "...now if only I could find something in my life worth relating this ride would have been worth it..."

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: