The_Matrix
March 29, 2024, 12:49:05 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Guests: Register for a free account today, and you can customize your profile, read hidden boards, and add your own posts and comments too!

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

the last person to post here wins

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: the last person to post here wins  (Read 5067 times)
fleamailman
Bronze

« Reply #105 on: March 30, 2009, 02:42:47 pm »

the goblin welcomed RWS, saying "...life is an inner journey here it would seem and we are all on it, feel free to join in then..."

« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 04:01:23 pm by fleamailman » Report Spam   Logged
mars bar

« Reply #106 on: March 31, 2009, 06:46:50 pm »

roflmao

Report Spam   Logged
fleamailman
Bronze

« Reply #107 on: April 01, 2009, 02:21:18 am »

"...happy April fools day..." said the goblin knowing that that was probably the right word for sleep-deprivation resulting from trying to take over the internet by stealth, even if his email inbox resembled a jungle of "last post" replies, sanity by the way was now that faint dot on the horizon long behind him, somehow Star Trek springs to the goblin's mind with kirk's words as the goblin repeats " dart dadar di di di di dee....Internet, the final frontier, to boldly start "last post" threads where no goblin has gone before, to meet an endless stream of engaging dotty humans....da dar etc..." then adding "...Ok Slotty you can beam everyone else up now..." the goblin pressed his "post" button

Report Spam   Logged
mars bar

« Reply #108 on: April 02, 2009, 06:20:00 pm »

I was kidnapped by aliens once. they probed me in places I never knew I had!!  shock

Report Spam   Logged
fleamailman
Bronze

« Reply #109 on: April 04, 2009, 05:03:52 am »

47)The goblin's stay in grindsvile(Geneva) was short, once more he would go through the cemetery to the tax-office probably thinking "...man, who is born of women has but a short time to pay taxes.." and although the congregation of the tax-office resembled that of a church, the same ties, same feeling of absolution, the wiping of the slate, etc., only the god was different. The goblin then saw four horses pass before him in the reception, their being capitalism's promise of inequality, insecurity's promise of fear, poverty's promise of crime and resignation's promise of childlessness, and then wondered if this is what most people daydream waiting in the taxoffice, "....anyway.." he goblin said to himself ".."tax here, death outside and God upstairs" should read the sign above the door..." as the goblin, his dues duly declared, dances out of the taxoffice into the cemetery feeling absolutely absolved to the Moneygod until the sobriety of so many gravestones stopped him with the thought "...funny how we build so much of our lives on a mere assumption of certainty...", he quickened his pace homewards, the clear day now seemed cold.

Report Spam   Logged
fleamailman
Bronze

« Reply #110 on: April 07, 2009, 04:57:41 pm »

"...life is a series of shocks to me..." mentioned the goblin, only a day or so after the hold up at the "money exchange" across from his work place, one with that usual "someone just walking into the exchange, asking for the money at gunpoint, and then escaping on a stolen motorbike", no, what was unusual was that it happened at all, simply events like these don't happen in safe Switzerland, so times had changed it seemed, and yet, what with the gathering of the gypsies in their ever larger numbers, the lack of snow in Winter, and Summer's insufferable heat, Geneva, the goblin had to admit to himself, was different now, "...it's as if this accumulation of little changes over the years that, although insignificant in themselves and too gradual to really notice, had suddenly had one waking up to the shock of it all...", somehow the goblin's life simply seems ever to straddle this mental fault-line of his own complacency, and then bang, a new landscape appears out of the old, and his bearings have to be reset to the new norm again

Report Spam   Logged
fleamailman
Bronze

« Reply #111 on: April 07, 2009, 05:45:15 pm »

the ghost of divorce

day turns to night, the droning darkness hides shapes and shadows of things past feels the goblin as he looks out across the lightly lit city of Geneva, "...cold is king then..." he thinks aloud to himself alone with his thoughts "...in the cold of the night comes these ghosts, god I hate them as much as they must hate me, they won't die till I do, I know that, and my mother brings them back from where I thought I buried them inside..." the goblin's mind went back to his first marriage, of letting go a little girl's hand and saying  "...mummy and daddy are not happy..." and then the formalities of separate lives of an ex wife and a daughter of his first marriage at an ever acceptable distance, and each with new lives and partners, each understanding that "it was the only way", "the right thing", "one can't live a lie can one", etc.," but the goblin also knew that no amount of understanding puts this ghost to rest, "...time hadn't..." he was struggling to say what he saw now, "...but a death in the family puts family members back facing one another again..." said the goblin "...our unspoken ghost will be sitting between us three I imagine while we pretend to be nice to one another..."

Report Spam   Logged
mars bar

« Reply #112 on: April 10, 2009, 10:13:03 pm »

jesus is the reason for the season!! Happy Easter and for those who are not into religion and crucifiction, then hope the Easter bunny brings you loads of eggs!! wanna know how he makes the eggs?

Report Spam   Logged
mars bar

« Reply #113 on: April 10, 2009, 10:15:57 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
mars bar

« Reply #114 on: April 10, 2009, 10:20:53 pm »

hmmmm, wonder when he's going to be crucified then....
Report Spam   Logged
fleamailman
Bronze

« Reply #115 on: May 08, 2009, 02:19:04 pm »

repost from "welcome new members" thread, elsewhere

the goblin welcomes the new member saying "...it's all hush hush actually and I feel I can trust you here, but this site is, in fact, just a front for the "Homeland security service" and their operatives in their ongoing undercover work to root out the threat of cyber terrorism on the Internet...", the goblin paused knowing that it was all too hard to comprehend in one go, but he continued "...simply think about it, which site would you least expect a cyber attack to originate from, that is between some ultra smart nerdy eastern block country, the Taliban's site, the Nigerian spamming site, well those types of sites on the one hand, and, or, just somewhere like this site here then, where the members can, and do, manage to hit the "post" button from time to time, so that's right the members here are really sharp "Homeland security" operatives only pretending to be otherwise, very snide of them I know but in fact they're probably the best America has..."

Report Spam   Logged
wizer

« Reply #116 on: May 12, 2009, 12:26:45 am »

If only Homeland Security could spot terrorists the way we pick off trolls over here...

azn
Report Spam   Logged
fleamailman
Bronze

« Reply #117 on: May 12, 2009, 02:18:19 am »

If only Homeland Security could spot terrorists the way we pick off trolls over here...

"...I suppose those trolls do add to ones membership and overall post count here then..." replied the goblin, perhaps suspecting that admin had gone about his site in a way that was altogether normal, straight forward, and the like, and yet not too well thought out, in that the goblin too, had a site, which he had been open for some years ago now, save that it's members were by invite only to those people that that goblin knew well from way back, "...the real question is whether one can run a site that has no members for a year or so, seeing what one can create for oneself first, and then, once one really knows what ones interest are, inviting those who share them or who you feel would benefit from being invited..."

« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 05:28:11 am by fleamailman » Report Spam   Logged
fleamailman
Bronze

« Reply #118 on: May 12, 2009, 06:45:05 am »

Nature's Conflict too

Curse you crows on better branches
Who leave us owls with lesser chances
Who made us creatures of this night
Always in fear of your daytime strike
But in the dark you cannot see
The owl that swoops upon thee.

Curse you owls in your hidden nest
Who stork us crows as we do rest
Who made us creatures of this day
Always in fear of your nighttime play
But in the light you cannot stop
The crows that group to drop.

-fleamailman-

Report Spam   Logged
wizer

« Reply #119 on: May 12, 2009, 01:21:55 pm »

"...I suppose those trolls do add to ones membership and overall post count here then..." replied the goblin, perhaps suspecting that admin had gone about his site in a way that was altogether normal, straight forward, and the like, and yet not too well thought out, in that the goblin too, had a site, which he had been open for some years ago now, save that it's members were by invite only to those people that that goblin knew well from way back, "...the real question is whether one can run a site that has no members for a year or so, seeing what one can create for oneself first, and then, once one really knows what ones interest are, inviting those who share them or who you feel would benefit from being invited..."

I dunno.

Allowing only "known members" to join a board so as to avoid trolls is like throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

It's easy enough to remove the unwanteds, and there are lots of potential members out there who could add positive things to an internet board.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: