The_Matrix
April 16, 2024, 05:13:47 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Guests: Register for a free account today, and you can customize your profile, read hidden boards, and add your own posts and comments too!

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Are you City or Country? (3/2)

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Are you City or Country? (3/2)  (Read 1220 times)
Rizzo
Mod

« on: March 02, 2009, 10:21:20 pm »

You Are Country

You'll take natural beauty and quiet over the hustle and bustle of the city.
You can appreciate the simple things in life, and it doesn't take much for you to feel content.

While you appreciate the many opportunities of the city, you see them as too much of a good thing.
You love living a peaceful life. It's important that you can hear yourself think.

Are You City or Country?
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

wizer

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2009, 10:23:21 pm »

Yup. I can't wait for spring. The mountains and hiking trails of the Catskills are waiting for me. I can hardly wait to get up and out.

Soon...

Report Spam   Logged
fairydust
Bronze

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2009, 10:30:48 pm »

You Are Country

You can appreciate the simple things in life, and it doesn't take much for you to feel content.

While you appreciate the many opportunities of the city, you see them as too much of a good thing.
You love living a peaceful life. It's important that you can hear yourself think.

Are You City or Country?
Report Spam   Logged

Rizzo
Mod

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2009, 10:37:03 pm »

I'm sick of winter. I can't wait for Spring and Summer. It's almost time for the Salmon to start their annual trek upstream. The kids and I pack a picnic and go watch them. Too bad we can't catch them. If we could use a net, it'd be easy, but that's not allowed. You can fish, but they're not interested in eating. And the sucker fish follow them. It's funny to watch them try to jump up the Falls. LOL!

This year, I'll see if I can get some video footage, and see if I can figure out how to post it!

It's really quite amazing!!

Report Spam   Logged
wizer

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2009, 10:44:01 pm »

Too bad we can't catch them. If we could use a net, it'd be easy, but that's not allowed.

If people could use nets they'd wipe out the entire Salmon population before they even got a chance to breed because they'd jump right into the nets as they crested the falls!

Plus..where's the sport in that?

roll
Report Spam   Logged
Rizzo
Mod

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2009, 10:50:49 pm »

I know. I know the logic behind it and support it. But when you're sitting there and watching all those big beautiful salmon, all I can think is "Yumm! Teriyaki Salmon with saffron rice!"

One time one ended up on the rocks, my son tried to catch it, but it slipped out of his hands. LOL!

We usually start making bets on whether or not they'll make it up the falls! they get into the "wading pool" easy enough, but that second waterfall is a ****. So there we have all these salmon, confined in the little wading pool. It's SOOOO tempting!! But the park rangers are watching.. not worth the $1500 fine.

Nope.

No salmon is worth that much!!!

Report Spam   Logged
Fine Point

rainmusic

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2009, 11:09:58 pm »

You Are Country

Report Spam   Logged

There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance—that principle is contempt prior to investigation. – Herbert Spencer

GoodWitch

There's No Place Like Home

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2009, 11:14:05 pm »

You Are Country 

Report Spam   Logged

Rizzo
Mod

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2009, 11:30:41 pm »

We're all Country!!

I love this song! Except that part about leaving the christmas lights on all year long.... that is a pet peeve of mine! Really people! Take them down!!!

Report Spam   Logged
Nikkie

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2009, 11:00:02 pm »

You Are Country

Report Spam   Logged
Firecrotch

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2009, 08:25:35 am »

I didn't take the quiz but I do like living in a small city. I lived in Toronto and hated it. Love to visit though.
Report Spam   Logged
Skylla

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2009, 09:47:57 am »

Well, I don't need a quiz to tell me I'm country....100% country.

I live in the middle of the forest......its great....even in the middle of the ice storm when all the electric went out....it was still great...nothing like neighbors helping neighbors out.   I imagine the next ice storm I will be helping out even more since we have bought a generator. 

I love waking up hearing the birds chirping. And going out into the yard being greeted by a rabbit or squirrel or raccoon, natures beauty all around me.  Awe....the fresh air.  I love the peacefulness of having no shopping centers close, very little traffic.  Country is the best.  I love the beautiful trees and bluffs, the view is awesome...the deer are beautiful.    Although I could live without the mosquitoes and the ticks.

I wouldn't trade the country for the city....not ever.

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: