The_Matrix
April 18, 2024, 10:50:07 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Guests: Register for a free account today, and you can customize your profile, read hidden boards, and add your own posts and comments too!

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

I'm getting fat

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm getting fat  (Read 2618 times)
wizer

« on: March 21, 2008, 09:17:11 pm »

I am currently hovering around 235, my ideal weight is close to 190, and I was down as low as about 193 when I was exercising regularly and working out.

Now I am turning into a fat slob. I don't know if I can fix this.  Huh?
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Jade

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2008, 12:04:48 am »

I am currently hovering around 235, my ideal weight is close to 190, and I was down as low as about 193 when I was exercising regularly and working out.

Now I am turning into a fat slob. I don't know if I can fix this.  Huh?

Fewer yodels, black and white cookies and choc chip granola bars??  Huh?
Report Spam   Logged
wizer

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2008, 12:07:15 am »

But those Black and White cookies are so good.

I am going to eat another one now. Setting up a forum makes me hungry.

Report Spam   Logged
Jade

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2008, 12:16:41 am »

But those Black and White cookies are so good.

I am going to eat another one now. Setting up a forum makes me hungry.

I am eating a hamburger witn no bun, ketchup, nada.
LOL

that's how you stay thin...i hate sweets.
Report Spam   Logged
wizer

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2008, 12:17:51 am »

You're eating that NOW?Huh?
Report Spam   Logged
wizer

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2008, 03:43:32 pm »

Well, console yourself with the fact that like gray hair, a few extra lbs on a man are not nearly as painful as they are on a woman.   

My spring resolution is to go back to my trainer after 04/01.  Join me in a pact to eat well and work out regularly.  You are competitive.  We can make it a contest of some sort.

Ok. I need some impetus to get back on the treadmill. You want to do loser is "slave for a day" or something along those lines?
Report Spam   Logged
wizer

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2008, 11:31:49 am »

Sure.  Although, I am not getting on a plane to go pick up human feces around your building.  But I would be willing to consider slave from a distance, i.e. calling the cable company or the public utilities for ya.

Thanks Mags..I just saw this note, I havent been over here for a while. I know you have offered to be a help to me by making calls and helping me with some problems. I really appreciate that, and I hope you know I am here for you too.

Report Spam   Logged
Greek
Bronze

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2008, 06:08:37 pm »

Think how pissed you can make your ex if you get in really good shape
Report Spam   Logged
Skylla

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2008, 09:46:20 pm »

Its probably not just those black and white cookies making you put on the weight......but those awful TV dinners you eat.....those little tiny portions will put the weight on fast.
Report Spam   Logged
wizer

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2008, 10:53:26 pm »

Its probably not just those black and white cookies making you put on the weight......but those awful TV dinners you eat.....those little tiny portions will put the weight on fast.

Especially when I eat as many as six of them at one time.

Shocked
Report Spam   Logged
Greek
Bronze

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2008, 09:13:34 am »

Facts: INFORMED FACTS

The half pound burrito from taco bell has half the calories as does one of theose Chipotles Burritos.

Also, yesterday I was shocked, some places that serve wings: over 100o calories for a dozen wings
Report Spam   Logged
Firecrotch

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2009, 04:38:29 pm »

This thread is pretty old but I thought I would bump it to see if you changed your situation, Wizer. I don't believe in dieting or exercising to just lose weight. If you do those two things, you're bound to fail. You should incorporate healthy habits into your lifestyle. For example, try eating a fruit or vegetable with every meal.

Another factor in your weight struggle is that you seem to eat a lot of prepared foods. You should really try to eat foods that you have to make yourself. This way, you can control the ingredients. I'm a firm believer that if you cannot read the ingredients, you shouldn't be eating that item.

I don't have a problem with my weight because I don't deprive myself of anything that I want. My secret is that I usually prepare my own food so I cut down on a lot of the sugar.

You also need to be active. Running or walking on he treadmill for half an hour per day would really make a difference. You should put your treadmill in front of the TV and think to yourself that you should be using it when watching your fav show. It really does work.

Hope this helps.
Report Spam   Logged
Fine Point

rainmusic

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2009, 09:38:22 pm »

Top-notch advice FC!   thumbsup
Report Spam   Logged

There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance—that principle is contempt prior to investigation. – Herbert Spencer

wizer

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2009, 10:21:33 pm »

This thread is pretty old but I thought I would bump it to see if you changed your situation, Wizer. I don't believe in dieting or exercising to just lose weight. If you do those two things, you're bound to fail. You should incorporate healthy habits into your lifestyle. For example, try eating a fruit or vegetable with every meal.

You're absolutely right, I should start preparing my own foods and exercising regularly. Now would be as good a time as ever to get going with it.

I'm not as heavy as I've been, although I've still got a gut, I am not excercising regularly although a week or two ago I did the treadmill every other day!

Part of my food shopping today included more frozen foods that are ready in 5 minutes in a microwave including a bag of linguini and Shrimp Scampi and a box of Friday's Chicken Wings. I also got a bunch of mini black and white cookies which I have been thinking about for the past hour. BRB.

Report Spam   Logged
Firecrotch

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2009, 08:18:32 am »

Bad Wizer.  busted!

Why don't you buy a bag of frozen veggies and some chicken breast. Just add some tomatoe sauce and pasta, and you have an instant meal!
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: