The_Matrix
March 28, 2024, 04:41:24 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Guests: Register for a free account today, and you can customize your profile, read hidden boards, and add your own posts and comments too!

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Definition of True Love?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Definition of True Love?  (Read 3484 times)
Fine Point

rainmusic

« on: February 27, 2009, 05:35:38 pm »

Paraphrasing from Anastasia, Book 1, Chapter 9:

"The real purpose of a woman's beauty is to inspire and support the spirit of the poet, artist and creator in men.  However purity has been lost and modern woman, being unable to inspire such lofty thoughts in modern man, must resort to using outward beauty; the outward beauty of the empty vessel." 

Thoughts?

Anastasia
Report Spam   Logged

There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance—that principle is contempt prior to investigation. – Herbert Spencer

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

wizer

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 05:50:07 pm »

My thoughts are from my own personal experiences.

I don't believe that I have ever experienced true love, and I am beginning to doubt that I have the capacity to do so.

I'll just blame my mother for all of it, it's easier.

Report Spam   Logged
zana
Bronze

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009, 05:58:31 pm »

I don't believe that I have ever experienced true love, and I am beginning to doubt that I have the capacity to do so.

Hmmmm.  Well, true love can happen when your child is born?
I can understand that being raised in a loveless enviroment could make someone that way.  I worry about my children in that regard.

I hope I didn't ruin them.

Now reading that summary of that book.  I think it's talking about the outer make up of a woman.
Report Spam   Logged
GoodWitch

There's No Place Like Home

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2009, 06:02:03 pm »

Paraphrasing from Anastasia, Book 1, Chapter 9:

"The real purpose of a woman's beauty is to inspire and support the spirit of the poet, artist and creator in men.  However purity has been lost and modern woman, being unable to inspire such lofty thoughts in modern man, must resort to using outward beauty; the outward beauty of the empty vessel." 

Thoughts?

Anastasia

First of all, I hate being generalized like that. Second, I have experienced true love, I know how it feels to love absolutely and limitlessly and effortlessly. I'm glad I had those experiences. In the end, it's been worth it. Gives me something to aspire to for the future.
Report Spam   Logged

zana
Bronze

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2009, 06:09:07 pm »

Hmmmm.  Well, true love can happen when your child is born?
I can understand that being raised in a loveless enviroment could make someone that way.  I worry about my children in that regard.

I hope I didn't ruin them.

Now reading that summary of that book.  I think it's talking about the outer make up of a woman.

Also, I believe that is just the way it is with most men.  It's all starts with some kind of sexual thoughts I think.

It's funny my eye doc and I  a conversation about this.  He told me that if a guy wants to take me out....there is some type of sexual thought.  I am saying the outward appearence is what brings it on.

Dunno. Cool read.
Report Spam   Logged
Fine Point

rainmusic

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2009, 06:10:25 pm »

Are you stating no woman has ever inspired the Poet, Artist or Creator in you?
Report Spam   Logged

There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance—that principle is contempt prior to investigation. – Herbert Spencer

Fine Point

rainmusic

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2009, 06:14:59 pm »

To clarify, Vladimir asked Anastasia, "Then why do so many different magazines publish pictures of naked women in erotic poses, why are there so many films with erotica and sex?"
Report Spam   Logged

fairydust
Bronze

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2009, 09:37:29 pm »

I think love and marriage are a crock and only cause trouble.  bah humbug!! Angry
Report Spam   Logged

mofwtmy

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2009, 08:32:42 am »

Define true love?

She does not charge extra when your hour is up, if you go over by a few minutes!
Report Spam   Logged
wizer

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2009, 09:19:09 am »

Define true love?

She does not charge extra when your hour is up, if you go over by a few minutes!

My ex charged me extra when our time was up, that's for damn sure.

Tongue
Report Spam   Logged
Fine Point

rainmusic

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2009, 07:40:28 pm »

Why do so many men find it effortless to walk away from their biological children?  One comment often directed to me by women listening to me vent about my ex-husband is, "at least he is interested in your child."  I can confidently state that this isn't limited to the lower socio-economic classes as one of the women who remarked upon my ex is a self-made millionaire. 

How sad is it that my ex's interest in his child is worthy of comment? 

Here are Anastasia's thoughts on animal attraction and the conception of children: 

Tell me who -- what individual --would want to come into the world as a result of carnal pleasures alone?  We would all like to be created under a great impulsion of love, the aspiration to creation itself, and not simply come into the world as a result of someone's carnal pleasure.

Thoughts?
Report Spam   Logged

wizer

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2009, 07:52:58 pm »

Why do so many men find it effortless to walk away from their biological children?
Thoughts?

Well, I'm one guy who found it anything BUT easy to accept that my children don't want me in their lives, at least not right now. I opened a FaceBook account recently and I uploaded a bunch of photos of my children starting with the day they were born. We did a lot together, and I miss them so much and want to be in their lives..there's not a day I don't think about them but I am gradually accepting the fact that it just might not happen anytime soon if at all.

Not all guys can simply shut their kids out but it seems like the guys that do are the ones that the kids always keep trying to reach out to.
Report Spam   Logged
Fine Point

rainmusic

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2009, 09:26:23 pm »

Not all guys can simply shut their kids out but it seems like the guys that do are the ones that the kids always keep trying to reach out to.

Ain't THAT the truth?  We always want what we don't have...
Report Spam   Logged

mofwtmy

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2009, 01:42:01 am »

Why do so many men find it effortless to walk away from their biological children?  One comment often directed to me by women listening to me vent about my ex-husband is, "at least he is interested in your child."  I can confidently state that this isn't limited to the lower socio-economic classes as one of the women who remarked upon my ex is a self-made millionaire. 

How sad is it that my ex's interest in his child is worthy of comment? 

Here are Anastasia's thoughts on animal attraction and the conception of children: 

Thoughts?

The womb doner of my children did not get in touch with them for 11 months, I was a single parent to all three for three years, now just the youngest lives with me - When I moved the oldest two did not want to move away from friends etc.  The older two live with their mother, I see them often and am in regular/daily contact via telephone and MSN.

Thoughts?  Sexist claptrap!
Report Spam   Logged
mars bar

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2009, 03:45:08 am »

wow, we all have our stories don't we?

Mine goes, I was unhappy at home, met a jerk at 17 who was older than me, he had kids already, he didnt want anymore, All i ever wanted in the world was kids, a daughter especially. had i have had a girl first i would have stopped at 1. My son came along, i went to the hospital on my own when i was in labour, in an ambualnce, the dad was out playing pool. came to the hospital 2 hrs before son was born, woo hoo, what an effort for him. he was disappointed it was a boy, he wanted a daughter to replace the one who he lost to a drug overdoes. i didnt care, i had my baby, the dad could **** off now! he didnt, and we just fought and fought. all i wanted to do was be with my baby and have him **** off, he wouldnt go, but he also didnt want the responsibility of another kid. but then i got pregnant again, what can i say, i was drunk it was a party, the dad was the only guy there i knew, blah blah blah.

i wasnt happy, i cried for almost 5 months during the pregnancy. not because of the baby but because i knew i'd be doing it on my own. it seemed like no one was happy about me being pregnant so I had to shut out all the negativity to try and get on with the pregnancy. then i finally had an unltrasound and found out it was a girl. From that moment on nothing anyone said to me could upset me. the whole world could **** off, i had my baby girl i had always wanted!! I went to the hospital on my own again, this time i didnt even ring him. i had my baby girl on my own. A young nurse about 19 held my hand throughout it. i was 20 with 2 kids now.

I finally gained the courage to leave my loveless relationship when i was 21 and never looked back. after that it was a series of nigtmares i rather not remember, but the dad all of a sudden realised he had a family when we left! too late. I never asked anything of him, he never paid maintenance, all i wanted was for him to go away and leave me to raise the kids my way.... there were too many issues with him for him to have been a positive influence. we tried the every second wekend access thing, but the kids were miserable when they went with him and all he did was hit them for nothing.

so I broke all ties with him, moved away, he could never find us and thats how it is now. my son doesnt want anything more to do with him, my daughter still keeps a yellow duck he gave her for xmas. what i used to give her, tons and tons of stuff, she ripped up or chopped up and never appreciated, i know deep down she hated me for not having a dad in her life, and she told me, she didnt want him specifically but she always resented me for the fact she never had what her other friends had. She  just wanted A dad.

Oh well, thats life, i did what i thought was best. I love my daughter more than life itself and would take a thousand bullets for her. she moved out with her boyfriend and his family when she was 18, she now has a dad, or future dad in law!  he's the dream of every little girl i suppose. he's a police officer, so she has her new daddy and her boyfirend in the same house! she's happy and she's not angry anymore, so thats all i ever wanted for her was to be happy. But I miss my baby girl like crazy.......

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: