The_Matrix
April 19, 2024, 09:38:10 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Guests: Register for a free account today, and you can customize your profile, read hidden boards, and add your own posts and comments too!

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Do-it-yourself Irrigation System

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Do-it-yourself Irrigation System  (Read 483 times)
Fine Point

rainmusic

« on: March 09, 2009, 05:20:19 am »

Make Your Own Pop Bottle Drip Irrigation System

by Gayla Sanders

The last time I forgot to water my outdoor potted plants and discovered them completely wilted and hanging on the cusp of near death, I decided it was time to take action. Some of the plants on my deck receive a full, searing sun all day long during the hottest mid summer days. While these plants thrive under such conditions if properly taken care of, they will die quickly if they don't receive enough water. Although it has been unusually rainy this year in these parts, full sun deck plants will still get extremely hot and dry very quickly.

One of the best ways to provide a steady water supply to your plants without your constant attention is the gradual watering system or drip irrigation. Through this method a device is employed that slowly delivers water into the soil directly around the roots. Commercial watering spikes can be purchased from you local garden centre however, using recycled materials you can make your own drip irrigation system for free.

more @ You Grow Girl |  Make Your Own Pop Bottle Irrigation System
Report Spam   Logged

There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance—that principle is contempt prior to investigation. – Herbert Spencer

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: