The_Matrix
March 28, 2024, 04:58:12 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Guests: Register for a free account today, and you can customize your profile, read hidden boards, and add your own posts and comments too!

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

DO members note that there is a "word filter" in place over at DO..

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DO members note that there is a "word filter" in place over at DO..  (Read 743 times)
wizer

« on: February 23, 2009, 12:16:04 pm »

When a member posts the name of this board or it's url, either on the forum or in a pm, it's converted to "Bunghole" or some other derogatory name.

Says a lot about the folks who are running DO at the moment.

On Eskarina's "open letter to wizer thread on DO, Nikke posts I think Wizer is waiting for you to log on at the bung hole

Nikki did not write "bung hole" in that post. I have received pms asking why she would say that about a board she is a member of. I don't think she even realized her words were changed.

Ironically enough when DO first opened and I joined chaos40 over there, I put this board on standby and put a large message on the main page here directing members to Daoutskirtz.

Nice, huh?

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Casimir
Bronze

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 01:41:53 pm »

When a member posts the name of this board or it's url, either on the forum or in a pm, it's converted to "Bunghole" or some other derogatory name.

On Eskarina's "open letter to wizer thread on DO, Nikke posts I think Wizer is waiting for you to log on at the bung hole

Nikki did not write "bung hole" in that post. I have received pms asking why she would say that about a board she is a member of. I don't think she even realized her words were changed.

Ironically enough when DO first opened and I joined chaos40 over there, I put this board on standby and put a large message on the main page here directing members to Daoutskirtz.

Nice, huh?

Thank-you for the explanation, wizer.

Yes, it would be odd if Nikkie would refer to The Matrix as a "bunghole", but then again from this perspective you never know.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 02:31:44 pm by Casimir » Report Spam   Logged
RWS

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2009, 02:22:40 pm »

Nice, huh?

Well... you know the saying... no good deed goes unpunished.  I often feel like that.
Report Spam   Logged

Remember, it doesn't matter whether you win or lose; what matters is whether I win or lose. (Darrin Weinberg)
Rella

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2009, 05:28:10 pm »

I found out about the word filter months ago when a member was looking for a link for this site.  Yep, bunghole was the word used as well.  Even in PM's, the same thing. 

I don't get the word filter thing. Do they(and I mean the powers that be over at DO) think that their site is all that, and that they have to be so childish to have to have their members find another way here?   crazy

I find it plain stupid!  wtf
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 07:01:02 pm by Rella » Report Spam   Logged

I must be a Yawnie cuz Rubes says so!!
Nikkie

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2009, 10:05:16 pm »

I never called this place a bunghole.  I did notice the filter name change after I had made my post (no - not immediately after).  As for my opinion of this site or any other - you lot have seen my posting style, do you really think that I'd hold back my opinion if I saw something here that irritated me or that I strongly disagreed with?

Oh and for anyone that tried to imply I deliberately badmouthed this place?
1. Shove it where the sun don't shine or
2. Failing that please go choke on it!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 11:40:32 pm by Nikkie » Report Spam   Logged
Rella

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2009, 06:58:32 am »

I never called this place a bunghole.  I did notice the filter name change after I had made my post (no - not immediately after).  As for my opinion of this site or any other - you lot have seen my posting style, do you really think that I'd hold back my opinion if I saw something here that irritated me or that I strongly disagreed with?

No one is saying that Nikkie, and I don't think anyone believes you would do that either.  I had no idea it happened when I posted the link....it was brought to my attention by the other person who received the link in the PM I sent. At that time I had no idea there was a word filter.

I find nothing wrong with your posting style. You tell it like you see it, and I respect that! 
Report Spam   Logged

wizer

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2009, 10:50:05 am »

The point was someone ELSE put THEIR words in YOUR mouth.

What if next time, it wasn't just WORDS they put in your mouth?

Think about that

whistle
Report Spam   Logged
GoodWitch

There's No Place Like Home

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2009, 11:58:39 am »

The point was someone ELSE put THEIR words in YOUR mouth.

What if next time, it wasn't just WORDS they put in your mouth?

Think about that

whistle

lol sign
Report Spam   Logged

Casimir
Bronze

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2009, 12:51:36 pm »

It would not have been difficult to modify the word "bunghole" once you noticed it. Of course, knowing that the term that you originally specified triggered the result ("bunghole") you would have simply needed to make a complete change to that term, forgoing your original attempt and intentions and, hence, not having the revolting result, "bunghole", display as a reference to this site, The Matrix.

Report Spam   Logged
killchaos

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2009, 09:00:41 pm »

Maybe you should put a filter in place here that changes DaOutskirtz to "Fuckshits"
Just a thought.
Report Spam   Logged
Nikkie

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2009, 09:30:25 pm »

Maybe you should put a filter in place here that changes DaOutskirtz to "Fuckshits"
Just a thought.

roflmao  I think I like you  hug
Report Spam   Logged
Rella

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2009, 09:46:25 pm »

Just a thought.
headsmack
 big laugh
Report Spam   Logged

wizer

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2009, 10:20:21 pm »

Just a thought.

I could, but I think this is one of those times that "discretion is the better part of valor".

That word filter is just one of the many things they did "wrong" over there...the last thing I want to do is to repeat their mistakes.

Especially since many of those mistakes finally caught up with them.
Report Spam   Logged
killchaos

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2009, 02:12:33 am »

I could, but I think this is one of those times that "discretion is the better part of valor".

That word filter is just one of the many things they did "wrong" over there...the last thing I want to do is to repeat their mistakes.

Especially since many of those mistakes finally caught up with them.
True. But it'd be good for a laugh. Maybe "Romper Room" instead?
Report Spam   Logged
wizer

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2009, 04:57:18 pm »

True. But it'd be good for a laugh. Maybe "Romper Room" instead?

That's a good one.

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: