The_Matrix
March 28, 2024, 01:22:06 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Guests: Register for a free account today, and you can customize your profile, read hidden boards, and add your own posts and comments too!

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

An Open Letter to Wizer- By Eskarina

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: An Open Letter to Wizer- By Eskarina  (Read 2024 times)
GoodWitch

There's No Place Like Home

« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2009, 09:50:17 am »

You equated me with a dude who is arguably the worst president we have ever seen in this country

That stings

Undecided

See - this is what you do - you ddddrrrraaaagggg things out. I'm not playing. I've already said I wasn't at the board till you were leaving. This has nothing to do with the presidency, it has to do with how, 4 years from now, folks will blame Bush for whatever Obama didn't do.
Let.
It.
Go.

Report Spam   Logged

wizer

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2009, 09:57:36 am »

See - this is what you do - you ddddrrrraaaagggg things out. I'm not playing. I've already said I wasn't at the board till you were leaving. This has nothing to do with the presidency, it has to do with how, 4 years from now, folks will blame Bush for whatever Obama didn't do.
Let.
It.
Go.

You're going to try and have me impeached, aren't you

Report Spam   Logged
GoodWitch

There's No Place Like Home

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2009, 10:26:37 am »

You're going to try and have me impeached, aren't you

Oh, you're a peach, alright.  cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

Nikkie

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2009, 12:06:33 pm »

Oh, you're a peach, alright.  cheesy

roflmao roflmao roflmao
Report Spam   Logged
Casimir
Bronze

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2009, 12:08:22 pm »

roflmao roflmao roflmao

Yes, an interesting response.  But how else could you actually reply to this thread?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 12:28:10 pm by Casimir » Report Spam   Logged
Fine Point

rainmusic

« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2009, 12:09:08 pm »

... a dude who is arguably the worst president we have ever seen in this country

What Will History Say?
He's The Worst Ever

By Eric Foner
Sunday, December 3, 2006; Page B01

Ever since 1948, when Harvard professor Arthur Schlesinger Sr. asked 55 historians to rank U.S. presidents on a scale from "great" to "failure," such polls have been a favorite pastime for those of us who study the American past.

Changes in presidential rankings reflect shifts in how we view history. When the first poll was taken, the Reconstruction era that followed the Civil War was regarded as a time of corruption and misgovernment caused by granting black men the right to vote. As a result, President Andrew Johnson, a fervent white supremacist who opposed efforts to extend basic rights to former slaves, was rated "near great." Today, by contrast, scholars consider Reconstruction a flawed but noble attempt to build an interracial democracy from the ashes of slavery -- and Johnson a flat failure.

More often, however, the rankings display a remarkable year-to-year uniformity. Abraham Lincoln, George Washington and Franklin D. Roosevelt always figure in the "great" category. Most presidents are ranked "average" or, to put it less charitably, mediocre. Johnson, Franklin Pierce, James Buchanan, Warren G. Harding, Calvin Coolidge and Richard M. Nixon occupy the bottom rung, and now President Bush is a leading contender to join them. A look at history, as well as Bush's policies, explains why.

more @ washingtonpost.com
Report Spam   Logged

There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance—that principle is contempt prior to investigation. – Herbert Spencer

Fine Point

rainmusic

« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2009, 12:09:59 pm »

Why Bush Will Become the Textbooks' Worst President

by Gary North

As a Ph.D. in American history, I think it is safe to say that George W. Bush will go into the history books as the worst President in American history.

Let me assure you, I do not share this view. Any President who can start and then lose two brushfire wars, thereby revealing for the whole world to see that the American empire is a spent force, can't be all bad. Afghanistan, as far as anyone can see on TV, is a war over headgear: turbans vs. Karzai's furry Nehru hat. (Whenever I see a photo of Karzai, I recall a 1960s-era comic photo of Nehru, looking like a Good Humor man, with the caption: "Would you like cherry vanilla?")

Because Bush has combined his remarkable military strategy with his Medicare prescription legislation, which will bankrupt Medicare at least a decade sooner than otherwise, he gets my grudging respect.

Furthermore, any President who can run budget deficits in the $400 billion range, year after year, thereby speeding up the bankruptcy of the Federal government, deserves credit – unlike the U.S. Treasury.

That this President singlehandedly has undermined the American public's trust in the Federal government's ability to establish and enforce both American foreign policy and domestic welfare policy – well, Bush's performance is simply breathtaking. Taft conservatives and libertarians have been dreaming of someone like George W. Bush for four decades.

All this was accomplished by a man who visibly represents America's elite: a graduate of the Harvard Business School and a member of Yale's Skull & Bones. In terms of his credentials, George W. Bush is one of the best and the brightest. If you are thinking, "The elite has clearly lost its ability to screen itself," I can only concur.

That scraping sound you hear is the bottom of the barrel.

more @ lewrockwell.com
Report Spam   Logged

There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance—that principle is contempt prior to investigation. – Herbert Spencer

Fine Point

rainmusic

« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2009, 12:11:05 pm »

The Worst President in History?

One of America's leading historians assesses George W. Bush

SEAN WILENTZ    Posted Apr 21, 2006 12:34 PM

George W. Bush's presidency appears headed for colossal historical disgrace. Barring a cataclysmic event on the order of the terrorist attacks of September 11th, after which the public might rally around the White House once again, there seems to be little the administration can do to avoid being ranked on the lowest tier of U.S. presidents. And that may be the best-case scenario. Many historians are now wondering whether Bush, in fact, will be remembered as the very worst president in all of American history.

From time to time, after hours, I kick back with my colleagues at Princeton to argue idly about which president really was the worst of them all. For years, these perennial debates have largely focused on the same handful of chief executives whom national polls of historians, from across the ideological and political spectrum, routinely cite as the bottom of the presidential barrel. Was the lousiest James Buchanan, who, confronted with Southern secession in 1860, dithered to a degree that, as his most recent biographer has said, probably amounted to disloyalty -- and who handed to his successor, Abraham Lincoln, a nation already torn asunder? Was it Lincoln's successor, Andrew Johnson, who actively sided with former Confederates and undermined Reconstruction? What about the amiably incompetent Warren G. Harding, whose administration was fabulously corrupt? Or, though he has his defenders, Herbert Hoover, who tried some reforms but remained imprisoned in his own outmoded individualist ethic and collapsed under the weight of the stock-market crash of 1929 and the Depression's onset? The younger historians always put in a word for Richard M. Nixon, the only American president forced to resign from office.

Now, though, George W. Bush is in serious contention for the title of worst ever. In early 2004, an informal survey of 415 historians conducted by the nonpartisan History News Network found that eighty-one percent considered the Bush administration a "failure." Among those who called Bush a success, many gave the president high marks only for his ability to mobilize public support and get Congress to go along with what one historian called the administration's "pursuit of disastrous policies." In fact, roughly one in ten of those who called Bush a success was being facetious, rating him only as the best president since Bill Clinton -- a category in which Bush is the only contestant.

more @ rollingstone.com
Report Spam   Logged

Casimir
Bronze

« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2009, 12:33:09 pm »

Ever since 1948, when Harvard professor Arthur Schlesinger Sr. asked 55 historians to rank U.S. presidents on a scale from "great" to "failure," such polls have been a favorite pastime for those of us who study the American past.

Changes in presidential rankings reflect shifts in how we view history. When the first poll was taken, the Reconstruction era that followed the Civil War was regarded as a time of corruption and misgovernment caused by granting black men the right to vote. As a result, President Andrew Johnson, a fervent white supremacist who opposed efforts to extend basic rights to former slaves, was rated "near great." Today, by contrast, scholars consider Reconstruction a flawed but noble attempt to build an interracial democracy from the ashes of slavery -- and Johnson a flat failure.

More often, however, the rankings display a remarkable year-to-year uniformity. Abraham Lincoln, George Washington and Franklin D. Roosevelt always figure in the "great" category. Most presidents are ranked "average" or, to put it less charitably, mediocre. Johnson, Franklin Pierce, James Buchanan, Warren G. Harding, Calvin Coolidge and Richard M. Nixon occupy the bottom rung, and now President Bush is a leading contender to join them. A look at history, as well as Bush's policies, explains why.

Thanks for the post (considering how busy you are).
Report Spam   Logged
Nikkie

« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2009, 12:39:22 pm »

Yes, an interesting response.  But how else could you actually reply to this thread?

What?  Do you disapprove of the fact that I found the exchange between Wizer and GW amusing and quite funny?  Did it really need to be stated in so many words?  Couldn't the roflmao smiley imply the same?
Report Spam   Logged
wizer

« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2009, 12:43:12 pm »

What?  Do you disapprove of the fact that I found the exchange between Wizer and GW amusing and quite funny?  Did it really need to be stated in so many words?  Couldn't the roflmao smiley imply the same?

It works for me.

smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Casimir
Bronze

« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2009, 12:43:48 pm »

Obviously.
Report Spam   Logged
Nikkie

« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2009, 12:50:57 pm »

It works for me.

smiley

Thank you  smiley now could you two go back to that mild bickering? I was enjoying it  2wink  grin
Report Spam   Logged
Casimir
Bronze

« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2009, 12:54:58 pm »

Thank you  smiley now could you two go back to that mild bickering? I was enjoying it  2wink  grin

It's understandable. Your recent times at DO (yesterday, etc) is a bloody bore? You find a bit of fire here and you want more, eh?  I don't blame you.
Report Spam   Logged
Nikkie

« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2009, 01:14:59 pm »

It's understandable. Your recent times at DO (yesterday, etc) is a bloody bore? You find a bit of fire here and you want more, eh?  I don't blame you.

Not at all yesterday at DO wasn't boring.  As for fire? I can find fire at several sites I frequent.  In some instances it's bitter and vicious, in others sarcastic and amusing, and yet others as in this case mild bickering.

Truth be told people need to let go of their fixation with DO and just forget about it.  If you enjoy this site so much why so many references to that other site?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: