The_Matrix
April 16, 2024, 05:37:33 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Guests: Register for a free account today, and you can customize your profile, read hidden boards, and add your own posts and comments too!

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Are you a Pack Rat? (2/10)

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Are you a Pack Rat? (2/10)  (Read 928 times)
Rizzo
Mod

« on: February 11, 2009, 06:04:39 am »

You're a Pack Rat

Someday, you'll get totally crushed by a falling pile of stuff.
Whether you survive depends on how many old granola bars you have lying around your house.

Are You a Pack Rat?

Sad But true. I was just thinking lately, I could make a fortune if I started selling some of this stuff I never use. Especially kitchen appliances! I've got stuff I've never used, or haven't in years.. all on shelves in my basement..

Lets see an ice cream maker and a bread maker (never used) two punch bowls w/matching cups and ladles (never used) an electric wok, two fondue pots, a rice steamer, a foreman grill, those little things to make turnovers in a variety of sizes (never used) one of those waffle thingy's to make hot sandwiches (used once maybe?)... I could go on.

3 fish tanks, not used in 10+ years. Maternity clothes, that I've loaned out, and requested back. I'm loaning them out again this week (but I want them back.. what's wrong with me?)

I even have an old diaper genie (don't ask me why) two cradles, a crib, a toddler bed... more bins of baby clothes, blankiets, toys, bumper pads, etc than I can count.

solar walkway lights, (still in the box, 5 years later....)

I need help.  agree
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Murdock

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2009, 11:10:17 am »

You Are Not a Pack Rat

You're not a pack rat - and there's probably no rats in your home.
You have a living style that's totally minimalist. You're definitely not attached to stuff.

Are You a Pack Rat?
Report Spam   Logged

~ Laughter is a Vacation ~
wizer

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2009, 05:23:17 pm »

First off, this question isn't good

# Your computer hard drive:

* Is a little messy - you've got stuff every where
    * Has been almost full since you got it, and forget finding anything you need!
    * Is barely used, with all your files in easy to find places

My computer hard drive is VERY used, I am downloading and installing stuff and creating and editing documents and graphics all the time. But I keep it quite organized, synchronized with my home laptop so they are both backups of each other, and I back up the important folders to a usb drive. There's no option for that.

And my ocd keeps me neat and organized, however the net result of the test is that I "don't hold onto things" which isn't true..I keep stuff from years ago that I will never use..because it doesn't really ask the right questions and the questions themselves aren't comprehensive enough to be valid.

Report Spam   Logged
fairydust
Bronze

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2009, 10:07:20 pm »

You're a Pack Rat in Training

You know those crazy old people with a ton of video tapes and cats?
Well, you're training to be one. Time to do some spring cleaning. Even if it isn't spring!

Are You a Pack Rat?
Report Spam   Logged

Rizzo
Mod

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2009, 04:45:31 am »

First off, this question isn't good

# Your computer hard drive:

* Is a little messy - you've got stuff every where
    * Has been almost full since you got it, and forget finding anything you need!
    * Is barely used, with all your files in easy to find places

My computer hard drive is VERY used, I am downloading and installing stuff and creating and editing documents and graphics all the time. But I keep it quite organized, synchronized with my home laptop so they are both backups of each other, and I back up the important folders to a usb drive. There's no option for that.

And my ocd keeps me neat and organized, however the net result of the test is that I "don't hold onto things" which isn't true..I keep stuff from years ago that I will never use..because it doesn't really ask the right questions and the questions themselves aren't comprehensive enough to be valid.

so what you're saying is... you ARE a packrat. Just a very ORGANIZED pack rat.

popcorn
Report Spam   Logged
Rella

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2009, 07:02:17 pm »

Are You a Pack Rat?
You're a Pack Rat in Training
You know those crazy old people with a ton of video tapes and cats?
Well, you're training to be one. Time to do some spring cleaning. Even if it isn't spring!

I think that is accurate.........yes time for spring cleaning  yes
Report Spam   Logged

I must be a Yawnie cuz Rubes says so!!
wizer

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2009, 10:19:43 pm »

so what you're saying is... you ARE a packrat. Just a very ORGANIZED pack rat.

popcorn

Yes, I guess that's true. Although I go through cycles. I can be messy at times but it appears that as of late I am much more organized, especially since moving to the new condo. And if I slip up, my dog lets me know. By eating whatever it is I didn't put away.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: