The_Matrix
March 29, 2024, 12:43:42 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Guests: Register for a free account today, and you can customize your profile, read hidden boards, and add your own posts and comments too!

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

What would YOU use?

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What would YOU use?  (Read 628 times)
wizer

« on: February 06, 2009, 09:24:40 pm »

It doesn't hurt to take a hard look at yourself from time to time. This little test should help you get started.

During a visit to a mental asylum, a visitor asked the Director what the criteria is that defines if a patient should be institutionalized.

"Well," said the Director, "we fill up a bathtub. Then we offer a teaspoon, a teacup, and a bucket to the patient and ask the patient to empty the bathtub."

Okay, here's your test:
1. Would you use the spoon?
2. Would you use the teacup?
3. Would you use the bucket?

"Oh, I understand," said the visitor. "A normal person would choose the bucket, as it is larger than the spoon."
What was the director's response?

[spoiler]"No," answered the Director. "A normal person would pull the plug."[/spoiler]

So, how did *YOU* do?
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Nikkie

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 09:32:31 pm »

It doesn't hurt to take a hard look at yourself from time to time. This little test should help you get started.

During a visit to a mental asylum, a visitor asked the Director what the criteria is that defines if a patient should be institutionalized.

"Well," said the Director, "we fill up a bathtub. Then we offer a teaspoon, a teacup, and a bucket to the patient and ask the patient to empty the bathtub."

Okay, here's your test:
1. Would you use the spoon?
2. Would you use the teacup?
3. Would you use the bucket?

"Oh, I understand," said the visitor. "A normal person would choose the bucket, as it is larger than the spoon."
What was the director's response?

[spoiler]"No," answered the Director. "A normal person would pull the plug."[/spoiler]

So, how did *YOU* do?

The spoiler link doesn't work - I opted to pull the drain plug
Report Spam   Logged
wizer

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2009, 09:34:59 pm »

The spoiler link doesn't work - I opted to pull the drain plug

I got it working now. I had changed some of the code and replaced the existing script with one that wasn't compatible with the spoiler tag.

Apparently you didn't need it though

2wink
Report Spam   Logged
Rizzo

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2009, 11:41:57 am »

I can't answer the question without more information.

If it's a cold bath with people staring at me, I'm taking the bucket or pulling the drain. Ick.

If it's full of booze? I will slowly use the cup and enjoy it and ignore them.

If its a warm bubble bath with candlelight and soft music? I'm using hte spoon... I want it to last as long as possible. And if it means I'm crazy and get to stay in the nice bubble bath? Cool!

Now that I've answered, I'll go look at the spoiler... and probably have made a fool of myself!
Report Spam   Logged
Nikkie

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2009, 01:00:23 am »

I can't answer the question without more information.

If it's a cold bath with people staring at me, I'm taking the bucket or pulling the drain. Ick.

If it's full of booze? I will slowly use the cup and enjoy it and ignore them.

If its a warm bubble bath with candlelight and soft music? I'm using hte spoon... I want it to last as long as possible. And if it means I'm crazy and get to stay in the nice bubble bath? Cool!

Now that I've answered, I'll go look at the spoiler... and probably have made a fool of myself!

I like the way you analyzed that - lol
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: