The_Matrix
April 18, 2024, 06:44:25 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Guests: Register for a free account today, and you can customize your profile, read hidden boards, and add your own posts and comments too!

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Embarassing moments in your life...share them with us

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Embarassing moments in your life...share them with us  (Read 997 times)
wizer

« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2008, 12:11:53 pm »

My youth. I am living more free and happy now than I did when I was
young. I have become more fearless and more sure of myself recently.
If you had a partner you trusted you would be doing it in all kinds of
places.  Wink

That's a really nice place to be...hopefully, by the end of the year I can also say that I am in such a place. Divorce final, living in my condo, spending time with my GF, with at least one of my two daughters on regular occasion, walking my dog, doing the fun stuff that I have always enjoyed. That's my goal.

I'm glad for you..that you are where you want to be. That's what we work our whole lives for..
Report Spam   Logged
pi

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2008, 12:44:22 pm »

I had to walk through the desert to get to the promise land.
It was a long lonely dry place too. So just know it's there waiting for you.
Do the next best thing and trust that something good is going to happen. O0
Report Spam   Logged

Stop trying to figure it out. Just go with it.
GoodWitch

There's No Place Like Home

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2008, 12:46:00 pm »

I had to walk through the desert to get to the promise land.
It was a long lonely dry place too. So just know it's there waiting for you.
Do the next best thing and trust that something good is going to happen. O0

O0 Sometimes faith is all we have. And sometimes, it's enough!
Report Spam   Logged

wizer

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2008, 06:38:08 pm »

O0 Sometimes faith is all we have. And sometimes, it's enough!

I don't have any faith..never did, never will..which means, that sometimes, I have nothing.

Report Spam   Logged
pi

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2008, 06:40:09 pm »

In the words of Dr. Phil..."How's that working for you"?
Report Spam   Logged

wizer

« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2008, 06:43:20 pm »

In the words of Dr. Phil..."How's that working for you"?

How is my lack of faith working for me? Hard to say..in my 46 years of life, I've had some ups, had some downs...good times, bad times...my terrible decision to get married 18 years ago has screwed up the last 2 years of my life, and I am just recently starting to pull it all together again...but it's hard to say what, if anything my "lack of faith" has to do with any of it..just like those who kneel every night and go to church regularly and pray to God get stricken with cancer and random violence and bad luck at pretty much the same rate as those that don't have faith...so what does that tell you?

Report Spam   Logged
pi

« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2008, 06:45:28 pm »

I am questioning faith right now. I believe in God. I believe God is going to do what God is going to do.
It doesn't mean that I will like it.
Report Spam   Logged

wizer

« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2008, 06:50:28 pm »

*singing* Someday my prince will come.....

You spelled "cum" wrong...

Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
GoodWitch

« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2008, 06:53:15 pm »

I don't believe in randomness. I see God as the CEO of the universe, and we are each bit players. We're all important, but time and space don't revolve around us. There's a much bigger picture than what our puny little minds are capable of seeing. And sometimes God not only closes a door, but slams it on our fingers, and we are left crying "Why?" Then much, much later, maybe it is revealed to us. The waiting for "later" when your fingers are still bleeding - that is faith. Mine has been sorely tested lately - and I falter a lot. But I also pray a lot.

Some people never live to see their destiny - some children who are killed inspire their parents to start programs like the Amber Alert, and countless others are saved for their sacrifice - it is the Christ story in miniature, over and over again. The future of the world is changed for the blood of an innocent.

JMHO.

Report Spam   Logged

GoodWitch

« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2008, 06:53:55 pm »

You spelled "cum" wrong...

Roll Eyes
You're incorrigible!  Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Rella

« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2008, 08:39:23 pm »

I don't believe in randomness. I see God as the CEO of the universe, and we are each bit players. We're all important, but time and space don't revolve around us. There's a much bigger picture than what our puny little minds are capable of seeing. And sometimes God not only closes a door, but slams it on our fingers, and we are left crying "Why?" Then much, much later, maybe it is revealed to us. The waiting for "later" when your fingers are still bleeding - that is faith. Mine has been sorely tested lately - and I falter a lot. But I also pray a lot.

Some people never live to see their destiny - some children who are killed inspire their parents to start programs like the Amber Alert, and countless others are saved for their sacrifice - it is the Christ story in miniature, over and over again. The future of the world is changed for the blood of an innocent.

JMHO.

I know what u are saying Goodwitch............but at the same time it's so hard to wonder all the "why's"...........and I know that someday it will be clear but til then it's so hard to come to grips with it......
Report Spam   Logged

I must be a Yawnie cuz Rubes says so!!
pi

« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2008, 08:40:54 pm »

You're incorrigible!  Grin Grin

And funny as hell!
Report Spam   Logged

pi

« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2008, 08:43:24 pm »

I know what u are saying Goodwitch............but at the same time it's so hard to wonder all the "why's"...........and I know that someday it will be clear but til then it's so hard to come to grips with it......

Gad grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can,
and the wisdom to know the difference.
Report Spam   Logged

GoodWitch

« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2008, 08:55:14 pm »

"Faith is the bird that feels the light and sings to greet the dawn while it is still dark." - James S. Hewett

Yeah, easier said than done, I know. I'm always doubting and wondering.
Report Spam   Logged

Murdock

« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2008, 03:32:56 am »

That's true of trolls on the boards Murdock. But in RL you should have healthy relationships that support you
and have your back. I have a few healthy relationships on the boards...but who knows?

I hear you... and I learned my lesson real quick. 
Report Spam   Logged

~ Laughter is a Vacation ~
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: