The_Matrix
March 28, 2024, 09:09:36 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Guests: Register for a free account today, and you can customize your profile, read hidden boards, and add your own posts and comments too!

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

A family of four has been found dead in a suburban Columbus, Ohio, home

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A family of four has been found dead in a suburban Columbus, Ohio, home  (Read 1680 times)
zana
Bronze

« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2009, 10:04:46 pm »

It is just horrible to imagine anyone losing their mind like that.  I remember when I was finishing my clinicals in mental health....how it opened my eyes to things I never ever thought about. 
Report Spam   Logged
Murdock

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2009, 11:21:25 pm »

when people said early on in the economic crisis that it was going to be worse than the great depression... I was extremely hesitant to believe them.  I live in LA and the bridges downtown are a historic reminder of the rich men who lost it all in the crash and who committed suicide by jumping.  The fact that people are taking out their entire families to me says this is already worse than the great depression.

To loose your job and say it's "game over" is just ridiculous.  It's not going to be pretty over the next couple of years, and many families will probably loose almost everything they have.... except each other.  To be materialist right now... well... apparently it's deadly.

I'm with Rizzo on this... families MUST stick together.

I know we've been extremely spoiled living in the United States... and we have been a nation of consumers... but, to kill your whole family because you can't go to starbucks is just outrageous.
Report Spam   Logged

~ Laughter is a Vacation ~
Rizzo

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2009, 07:23:03 am »

To be fair, wizer will need time to heal and process all of this trauma.  He can't do it now because he is still immersed in it. 

Give him a year or two after it's over.  He'll be in a different place.

I completely understand. I in no way meant to say anything negative about Wizey.

I think all of us here have gone thru a trauma. It is what has brought us together. I know after Dday, I was not in a healthy place. I wasn't in any place. I was in survival mode. I became a person I had never met before, and didn't like her very much.

Around one year... Then I got angry... oh my gosh! So much anger and bitterness and self pity! I wanted someone, anyone... to pay for my pain! I was full of "Why ME? What did I do? I've always turned the other cheek, prayed for the weak (I perceived bitterness and anger as "weak") Why do I have to go thru this? What did I do to deserve this?"  I was a very angry person.

Around Year two... Then I went thru depression... "what's the point? It doesn't matter what I do. No one cares. Why bother?"

It was finally around year 3, I started trying to find me again. I missed me. It took me  a while to get back to ME. A little older, a little wizer, and I hope, a little more compassionate.

I guess my point, probably very poorly written... Is I understand where Wize is now. I do. I get it. And I believe this is a process and a journey that he has to go thru. There are no shortcuts. You can't go over it, under it or around it, you have to go thru it. And we will be here to support him. I just want him to remember there were good times, and there will be again. I have seen people get "stuck" in the bad times, and never emerge. Somehow anger and bitterness become comfortable, I think its just safer for some to not ever open up again.  I don't want that for Wize.

I just want him to know that its okay to feel what he's feeling now. Its expected, justified, and understandable. But don't stay there.... there is a rainbow, and life after the trauma.

Does any of this make sense?

Report Spam   Logged
Fine Point

rainmusic

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2009, 07:34:21 am »

Yes, it makes sense and well done.   smiley
Report Spam   Logged

There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance—that principle is contempt prior to investigation. – Herbert Spencer

zana
Bronze

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2009, 11:19:50 am »

I understand you rizz more than you know.  I went thru a 3 years of losing myself.  I missed out on a lot.  I let the d day control my life.  I stayed in my shell.  The bitterness and anger took over my will to live.  I drank more than I can even remember.  I now for the first time feel like the old person I was.  Life is short, and nothing will paint the perfect picture.
Report Spam   Logged
wizer

« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2009, 03:09:02 pm »

I guess my point, probably very poorly written... Is I understand where Wize is now. I do. I get it. And I believe this is a process and a journey that he has to go thru. There are no shortcuts. You can't go over it, under it or around it, you have to go thru it. And we will be here to support him. I just want him to remember there were good times, and there will be again. I have seen people get "stuck" in the bad times, and never emerge. Somehow anger and bitterness become comfortable, I think its just safer for some to not ever open up again.  I don't want that for Wize.

Aw, that was sweet. Thanks for writing all that.  embarassed

I'd like to think I'm through the worst of it..the shock, the denial, the depression...that's in the past...I hope. I've been on my own since 12/06, and I've taken some big steps towards rebuilding my life. Once the divorce is final and the judges decision rendered (or we settle), then it's really going to be behind me.

A little older, a little wizer

That's where I got the idea for my user ID.   cool
Report Spam   Logged
Rizzo

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2009, 06:30:06 am »

I understand you rizz more than you know.  I went thru a 3 years of losing myself.  I missed out on a lot.  I let the d day control my life.  I stayed in my shell.  The bitterness and anger took over my will to live.  I drank more than I can even remember.  I now for the first time feel like the old person I was.  Life is short, and nothing will paint the perfect picture.

It's true. You do miss out. I remember one day very clearly... I was making dinner and my son said "Mama? How come we never sing and dance when you're cooking anymore?" And my daughter said "Mama NEVER sings and dances!"

OMG! My son remembered, my daughter didn't! I remember thinking "YES I DID! There was a time when I was happy. How could she not know? What have I done? What am I doing? Who am I?"

I remember thinking "I just want to laugh again!!!"

It's work, but it can be done. I am very content and happy now. But you do have to work at it. And it's worth all the work!!

hug
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: