The_Matrix
March 28, 2024, 10:54:54 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Guests: Register for a free account today, and you can customize your profile, read hidden boards, and add your own posts and comments too!

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

A family of four has been found dead in a suburban Columbus, Ohio, home

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A family of four has been found dead in a suburban Columbus, Ohio, home  (Read 1681 times)
wizer

« on: January 29, 2009, 10:16:54 pm »

A family of four has been found dead in a suburban Columbus, Ohio, home in what's believed to be a murder-suicide, authorities said Thursday.

Police tape surrounds a Whitehall, Ohio, house, where a family of four was found dead Wednesday.

Police in Whitehall, east of Columbus, responded to a call around 2 p.m. Wednesday and found the bodies of Mark Meeks, 51; his wife, Jennifer Dallas-Meeks, 40; and children Jimmy, 5, and Abbigail, 8.

"We're confirming all four victims had gunshot wounds, and a gun was found at the scene," Sgt. Dan Kelso said. A suicide note purportedly written by Meeks also was found at the scene, but police are not releasing the note's contents, Kelso said. Authorities believe Meeks shot his wife and two children and then himself, Kelso said.

It was the second time this week that a family died in an apparent murder-suicide. On Tuesday, the bodies of Ervin Antonio Lupoe, his wife and five children were found in their Los Angeles, California, area home after Lupoe faxed a letter to a local television station explaining that he and his wife had lost their jobs and felt it was better to end their lives.

Police resisted the suggestion that the killings were motivated by finances or job loss.

More HERE

What causes a person to snap like this and wipe out themselves along with their entire family?

Scary stuff...

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

RWS

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 09:35:05 am »

This is happening way too often these days.  Very sad indeed.   cry
Report Spam   Logged

Remember, it doesn't matter whether you win or lose; what matters is whether I win or lose. (Darrin Weinberg)
Rizzo

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 10:37:27 am »

Unfortunately... the economy. And a break down in our social structure. The   people that are doing this, grew up in an age of prosperity.  They mistakenly believe that their worth is based only on finances. They fail to see that family and life and health are worth so much more. Families don't stick together like they used to. These people felt they had no where to turn.

A tragic, sad, turn of events.

I tell my kids constantly  (unfortunately, in this day and age, they ask these questions) ..... we are RICH in love and laughter! We will NEVER be homeless! Home is where WE are as a family. And we are BLESSED in that our family.. EXTENDED family sticks together! ALL of US! No matter WHAT happens... we have family to take us in, just as we would take them in. It might get crowded, we might get on each others nerves... but when push comes to shove.. Family sticks together.

Not everyone has that. Sadly, more don't than do. I don't think H and I were be in the financial situation we are in today, if we didn't know we had that. It allowed us to take risks we might otherwise have not taken, because we knew we had a safety net. So many people drown because they are afraid to take the risks that allow them to soar.

If you know what I mean.

cry

Report Spam   Logged
wizer

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2009, 11:20:24 am »

It allowed us to take risks we might otherwise have not taken, because we knew we had a safety net. So many people drown because they are afraid to take the risks that allow them to soar.

If you know what I mean.

cry

So true. With the exception of those that inherit a lot of money or win the lottery..the rest of the super successful are those that didn't settle for the security of a weekly paycheck. They took risks, opened their own businesses, made investments that were high risk but high payoff if they gambled right...and they're the ones living the 'high life'. To an extent I did the same...I own my own business, rather than work for someone, I bought the building that houses my professional practice rather than rent...I took the chance and I am reaping the benefits, unfortunately, so is my estranged wife who did nothing but say "I do" and then proceeded to spend the money as fast as I earned it.

Report Spam   Logged
Rizzo

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2009, 01:38:16 pm »

With all due respect. She didn't do "anything but say I DO"

She gave you two beautiful girls, she raised them, she created a home, so that you were free to pursue your career. No matter how badly things ended up, you can't take away the good years. You married her for a reason. And you stayed with her for a reason. Don't forget those reasons in this battle.

Just my two cents.

Report Spam   Logged
RWS

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2009, 01:44:07 pm »

I know you are playing the devils advocate here, and to a certain extent I agree with you.  I think one big sore spot for Wizer right now is those two beautiful girls want nothing to do with him.  I bet he'd be a lot more accomodating if things were different in that department.  She tells them they can't move or buy things because of him.  She's using them as emotional blackmail.  She could work too, those girls are not babies. 
Report Spam   Logged

Remember, it doesn't matter whether you win or lose; what matters is whether I win or lose. (Darrin Weinberg)
Rizzo

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2009, 01:58:51 pm »

I was playing devil's advocate. And I do understand that things have changed. But that doesn't negate the past. That is the present.

What she is doing NOW is reprensible. And she should work. And it's deplorable that she is manipulating those girls. And she should be held accountable.

But it still doesn't negate the past.
Report Spam   Logged
RWS

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2009, 02:07:46 pm »

agree 
Report Spam   Logged

Fine Point

rainmusic

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2009, 02:58:16 pm »

And so it begins...

I believe a large part of Obama's successful legacy (and I hope he has one) will be nursemaiding the U.S. through the tough times ahead.  There will be suicides -- lots of them -- and it will be on Obama to help people keep their spirits up and not give up. 

Oh and Rizzo is correct.  No sense in erasing all the good that was because of the horror of today and I know how difficult that is, been there, done that, got the bitter t-shirt.
Report Spam   Logged

There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance—that principle is contempt prior to investigation. – Herbert Spencer

wizer

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2009, 02:58:36 pm »

I know you are playing the devils advocate here, and to a certain extent I agree with you.  I think one big sore spot for Wizer right now is those two beautiful girls want nothing to do with him.  I bet he'd be a lot more accomodating if things were different in that department.  She tells them they can't move or buy things because of him.  She's using them as emotional blackmail.  She could work too, those girls are not babies. 

Good call there. Yeah, that's what it is...and as I gear up for this trial..and my attorney tells me that what the ex is doing by not working is considered "wasting marital assets" and she's doing it because her attorney is most likely telling her not to work so she'll be more "needy" and get more support...even though she has a nursing license...while at the same time she's crying poverty and blaming me..it doesn't matter WHY I married her in the first place, what matters is she has destroyed my relationship with my girls, cost us 100s of thousands of dollars in wasted legal fees, and ruined any chance we had of remaining friends.

It sure as HELL does negate the past. This battle has wiped it out completely.

Report Spam   Logged
RWS

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2009, 03:20:45 pm »

(I'm sure most of you have read this story...)

There once was a little boy who had a bad temper.  His Father gave him a bag of nails and told him that every time he lost his temper, he must hammer a nail into the back of the fence.

The first day the boy had driven 37 nails into the fence. Over the next few weeks, as he learned to control his anger, the number of nails hammered daily gradually dwindled down.  He discovered it was easier to hold his temper than to drive those nails into the fence.

Finally the day came when the boy didn't lose his temper at all. He told his father about it and the father suggested that the boy now pull out one nail for each day that he was able to hold his temper.

The days passed and the young boy was finally able to tell his father that all the nails were gone. The father took his son by the hand and led him to the fence He said, "You have done well, my son, but look at the holes in the fence.. The fence will never be the same. When you say things in anger, they leave a scar just like this one.  You can put a knife in a man and draw it out.

It won't matter how many times you say "I'm sorry", the wound is still there.  A verbal wound is as bad as a physical one.
Report Spam   Logged

Rizzo

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2009, 03:42:33 pm »

I'm sorry you feel that way Wizer. But you are entitled to feel as you wish.

Report Spam   Logged
Fine Point

rainmusic

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2009, 03:56:49 pm »

To be fair, wizer will need time to heal and process all of this trauma.  He can't do it now because he is still immersed in it. 

Give him a year or two after it's over.  He'll be in a different place.
Report Spam   Logged

There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance—that principle is contempt prior to investigation. – Herbert Spencer

RWS

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2009, 04:05:53 pm »

I agree FP.  Time helps tremendously. 
Report Spam   Logged

wizer

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2009, 04:19:46 pm »

To be fair, wizer will need time to heal and process all of this trauma.  He can't do it now because he is still immersed in it. 

Give him a year or two after it's over.  He'll be in a different place.

I figure once I get past the trial, and after the judge makes his decision, whatever it is...I'll have turned a page. Just moving to my condo was a big help.

And I didn't even go nuts and shoot anybody.

shock
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: