The_Matrix
March 29, 2024, 03:59:56 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Guests: Register for a free account today, and you can customize your profile, read hidden boards, and add your own posts and comments too!

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Another NEWB

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another NEWB  (Read 2022 times)
cabledog

« on: January 29, 2009, 04:18:20 pm »

Just checking in. looks like an interesting place.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

wizer

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 04:28:33 pm »

Hey cabledog,

Nice to see you here.

I actually just posted on your board a few minutes ago myself, came back here, and saw your post. What are the odds...

Feel free to post a link to your board in your signature if you are so inclined.

smiley
Report Spam   Logged
cabledog

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 04:33:45 pm »

Thanks

Still finding my way around.

I guess I should introduce myself a little more.

I'm a Realtor in Tulsa, OK....so if you are looking to by or sell......ahem my little pitch.

I have been playing on the net since before it was even popular. Anyone here remember when the internet was nothing but a bunch of bulletin boards strung together? I've made hundreds of my own websites since and am constantly making new ones in my spare time just for fun.

I'm married have 3 children with one of them already gone into the Air Force.
Report Spam   Logged

RWS

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2009, 04:47:36 pm »

nice to meet ya!
Report Spam   Logged

Remember, it doesn't matter whether you win or lose; what matters is whether I win or lose. (Darrin Weinberg)
wizer

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2009, 04:51:23 pm »

Thanks

Still finding my way around.

I guess I should introduce myself a little more.

I'm a Realtor in Tulsa, OK....so if you are looking to by or sell......ahem my little pitch.

I have been playing on the net since before it was even popular. Anyone here remember when the internet was nothing but a bunch of bulletin boards strung together? I've made hundreds of my own websites since and am constantly making new ones in my spare time just for fun.

I'm married have 3 children with one of them already gone into the Air Force.

cabledog...

We've got some things in common...marriage being one but not for long on my end...lol...

And I've got two kids but they're both "gone" in terms of...they aren't speaking to me at the moment due to the divorce..but hopefully that's temporary...

My first forays into the internet were back when Aol, compuserve, and prodigy were pretty much IT for internet access, with email and chat and a few interesting websites the main pull. Things have sure changed in that regard!

Being a realtor can't be easy in today housing market, huh...although I have read that the real estate market is expected by many to have an upswing this year.

thumbsup
Report Spam   Logged
Fine Point

rainmusic

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2009, 04:56:09 pm »

welcome cabledog!
Report Spam   Logged

There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance—that principle is contempt prior to investigation. – Herbert Spencer

cabledog

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2009, 04:59:41 pm »

Oh yes, Prodigy. Are they still around? They were the first company I connected through. Those were the days when my computer was top of the line. I had 4 M of RAM, a 210 M hard drive and a blazing fast 14.4 modem. My machine was the most powerful one out there.....as it should have been since I paid almost 2 grand for it.

The Real Estate market hasn't been as bad here in Tulsa as the rest of the country. It was slow last year, but I've stayed pretty busy. Oklahoma Real Estate never lost value like it did in the rest of the country so people aren't afraid to buy here.
Report Spam   Logged

GoodWitch

There's No Place Like Home

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2009, 05:10:07 pm »

Hi cabledog, welcome! I have a cousin in Oklahoma, but I've never been there. I'm a Jersey girl LOL
Report Spam   Logged

wizer

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2009, 05:17:24 pm »

I think the only ISP from the "old days" that is still around is AOL...most if not all of the others are long gone...I had an old Netcom account that I still use to host a personal web page and store files on, Netcom was assimilated by Earthlink some time ago.

My first real home PC was a "Digital", known as DEC by "those in the know) for "Digital Equipment Corporation (I think). Before that was an IBM AT with a 20 mg hard drive, most applications ran off of floppies in those days.

That's good about the real estate in your area. I naturally assume (wrongly) that the huge losses in certain areas of the country are ubiquitous, but I guess there are several areas that are somewhat immune to it.

Just like in business...people getting laid off left and right...I'm in eyecare, and although there's been a "bit" of a drop off in overall revenues the past 2 years, we're quite busy and the appointment book remains full.

Report Spam   Logged
GoodWitch

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2009, 05:32:27 pm »

My father used to be on compuserve when the user id's were all numbers LOL
Report Spam   Logged

wizer

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2009, 05:35:12 pm »

Click HERE and make sure your speakers are on.

cool
Report Spam   Logged
Rella

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2009, 05:39:49 pm »

Hi Cabledog    nice to meet ya!

welcome eyes
Report Spam   Logged

I must be a Yawnie cuz Rubes says so!!
GoodWitch

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2009, 05:40:56 pm »

Click HERE and make sure your speakers are on.

cool

roflmao
Report Spam   Logged

Nikkie

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2009, 07:23:55 pm »

welcome
Report Spam   Logged
Casimir
Bronze

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2009, 07:36:19 pm »

welcome eyes
Report Spam   Logged