The_Matrix
March 28, 2024, 01:06:58 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Guests: Register for a free account today, and you can customize your profile, read hidden boards, and add your own posts and comments too!

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Macintosh pc users are subject to viruses and worms too.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Macintosh pc users are subject to viruses and worms too.  (Read 139 times)
wizer

« on: January 27, 2009, 12:57:20 pm »

Ever have a Mac user tell you that Windows sucks because of all the viruses, and that you should get a Mac because it's not subject to those problems?

They're wrong. As per THIS ARTICLE there are two nasty viruses that will infect Macintosh pc's. Sure, there aren't as "many" worms and viruses because the creators of these things want to inflict as much damage as possible and the Windows operating system is much more ubiquitous, but..Mac viruses and worms are out there.

From the referring source (which talks about the risks of using pirated software in general):

By now most of you have likely heard about a couple of nasty Trojans floating around that are targeting Mac users, at least from a headlines perspective anyway. It would seem that those who have been hit with this are those who choose to pirate their software rather than paying for it.

Don’t get me wrong, I loved the older stuff, but never found the latest versions of Photoshop to be worth the cost being required for purchase. While I realize that most people eat and breathe Photoshop, I made the switch to legally available free alternatives a few years ago. But what can I say, my own wife would slap me silly if I took away her copy of Photoshop, so I do understand the idea of being hooked on it.

So what do you think? Serves you users right for getting infected with a Trojan? Or perhaps you have a soft spot for these hapless individuals? Either way, I see it as a reminder that all operating systems, at some level, can be exploited when piloted by careless users. That is just my take on it…
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: