The_Matrix
March 29, 2024, 06:20:33 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Guests: Register for a free account today, and you can customize your profile, read hidden boards, and add your own posts and comments too!

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Protect yourself from the latest worm infestation

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Protect yourself from the latest worm infestation  (Read 249 times)
wizer

« on: January 24, 2009, 11:29:22 am »

The Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool checks computers running Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2000, and Windows Server 2003 for infections by specific, prevalent malicious software—including Blaster, Sasser, and Mydoom—and helps remove any infection found. When the detection and removal process is complete, the tool displays a report describing the outcome, including which, if any, malicious software was detected and removed.

Microsoft releases an updated version of this tool on the second Tuesday of each month, and as needed to respond to security incidents. The tool is available from Microsoft Update, Windows Update and the Microsoft Download Center.

Click HERE

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

GoodWitch

There's No Place Like Home

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2009, 11:42:52 am »

Thanks!
Report Spam   Logged

Casimir
Bronze

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2009, 11:58:34 am »

TY
Report Spam   Logged
Fine Point

rainmusic

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2009, 05:02:28 pm »

Good reminder!
Report Spam   Logged

There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance—that principle is contempt prior to investigation. – Herbert Spencer

wizer

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2009, 05:16:29 pm »

I installed and ran that piece of software on my office pc earlier today, but I didn't complete the scan. When you run it you get two options, quick scan and full scan. I figure with most of these programs that give you 2 options, why run the brief scan at all?

If you're gonna do it, do it right, and check everything. However this program tends to slow down the computer, and it took 2 hours to get half way through.

So it's one of those things you might want to schedule for the overnight, or for a period of time that you're not on your pc for several hours. The same can be done for any other programs that run for a while, such as a full antivirus and spyware scan, and a defragmentation and scan disk.

All of those things should be set to run at least every week or so, assuming you spend a lot of time on line and/or you download songs/programs/videos, and/or you visit unknown websites.

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: