The_Matrix
March 28, 2024, 10:39:04 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Guests: Register for a free account today, and you can customize your profile, read hidden boards, and add your own posts and comments too!

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Troll School- presented by wizer

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Troll School- presented by wizer  (Read 2398 times)
wizer

« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2008, 11:54:33 pm »

At this point the subject of internet trolls has been fairly well covered, and if you have read up to this point you have a pretty good idea of what's going on out there and how to deal with it.

I was asked a short while ago about what to do when you are ganged up on by multiple forum members, who are all out with one common goal, to get under your skin and really get you upset. That's a situation that you CANNOT win...think of the movie The Matrix where Neo is this martial arts pro, and he keeps beating off the "Agents" and more keep on coming...well its that way with posting against a whole bunch of trolls..even if you are able to take your shots, and give them right back, even if you score a big hit they won't acknowledge it, they will turn it around and twist it and support and defend each other.

There is only ONE solution when you find yourself in a situation where you are targeted by multiple members. Ignore them, completely and utterly ignore them no matter what they say to you...and the more you do, the more they will look for angles to try to bait you and draw you out...and if you slip up...they got you.

Report Spam   Logged
wizer

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2008, 11:13:54 am »

I haven't updated this thread in a while...most of the main facts about trolls have already been covered, and going forward when I update this thread it will mostly be examples of trolling that I find around the internet...and I start todays post with a very nice personal message that I received from member Skylla.

First off I would like to congratulate her on her successful reconciliation with her husband as well as the move to her new place.

Its all good though......we have learned to communicate with each other.....and we did that on our own.

Now, if he tries to "troll" me, I have learned how to troll him back.....and I learned that from you.

He even seems quite amused with me sometimes with the come backs I give him. 

When he was leaving me all those threatening, harrassing messages...........he was trolling me, trying to get a reaction out of me, it worked.......but not anymore.

You never realized it, but your Troll School actually helped me out here in the real world......thanks Wizer.

Skylla, you are quite welcome, and thanks again for the kind words and the feedback.

The point here is that trolling isn't just an "internet thing". Trollng occurs in real life, with real people, with real situations. Becoming a successful troll hunter, and knowing how to deal effectively with trolls here on the internet can also be very beneficial in real life applications.

Such as in this case with Skylla and her husband, who realizes that now she is a force to be reckoned with. Good luck and best wishes to both of you.

Note: PM reposted with permission of the sender

Report Spam   Logged
Murdock

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2008, 05:21:29 am »

but... but... I thought troll school was closed.

Undecided
Report Spam   Logged

~ Laughter is a Vacation ~
wizer

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2008, 12:50:46 pm »

Not on this board.
Report Spam   Logged
pi

« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2008, 05:19:37 pm »

I've just been reading through this and it's very informative. Thanks sweetie. O0
Report Spam   Logged

Stop trying to figure it out. Just go with it.
Murdock

« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2008, 06:04:16 pm »

Not on this board.

enlightened by the troll....

Cheesy

Report Spam   Logged

wizer

« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2008, 06:37:46 pm »

I've just been reading through this and it's very informative. Thanks sweetie. O0

I'm glad you found it useful. After reading all that you will have a good understanding of how trolls operate, and you are much more troll "proof" having read it. Going forward, I will probably update this thread to add examples as I find them or to answer or respond to any questions or comments.

Guests reading this thread are more than welcome to register for a free acount on this board and ask any questions you may have regarding trolling..or anything else for that matter.
Report Spam   Logged
wizer

« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2008, 04:47:45 pm »

Enotalone new member TrevFredMoto makes the following post (his first one):

Chronic masturbating virgin!

II THINK THE TITLE SAYS IT IN A NUTSHELL. I am a virgin who is a chronic masturbator, I masturbate at least 2 times a day. I do it to try and stay as unhorny as possible. I trid going cold turkey, but then I get turned on by stupid things! The other day, My 3rd cousin sat on my lap and I popped a boner, she laughed. She knows I am a virgin, cause we are friends( i didnt even kno we were related until 2 days ago). I only tell close friends. But I really need some advice, anyone got some?

I call troll.

Why?

-Its his first post
-It suggests incest, a "taboo subject" virtually guaranteed to get responses
-plot holes. He had no idea she was his 3rd cousin?
-the story just "sounds" wrong...lol

I bet he gets banned within the day and the thread deleted. They are pretty good over there at spotting trolls and clamping down on them.

http://www.enotalone.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2576899#post2576899
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 04:59:43 pm by wizer » Report Spam   Logged
Murdock

« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2008, 05:38:44 pm »

Enotalone new member TrevFredMoto makes the following post (his first one):

Chronic masturbating virgin!

II THINK THE TITLE SAYS IT IN A NUTSHELL. I am a virgin who is a chronic masturbator, I masturbate at least 2 times a day. I do it to try and stay as unhorny as possible. I trid going cold turkey, but then I get turned on by stupid things! The other day, My 3rd cousin sat on my lap and I popped a boner, she laughed. She knows I am a virgin, cause we are friends( i didnt even kno we were related until 2 days ago). I only tell close friends. But I really need some advice, anyone got some?

I call troll.

Why?

-Its his first post
-It suggests incest, a "taboo subject" virtually guaranteed to get responses
-plot holes. He had no idea she was his 3rd cousin?
-the story just "sounds" wrong...lol

I bet he gets banned within the day and the thread deleted. They are pretty good over there at spotting trolls and clamping down on them.

http://www.enotalone.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2576899#post2576899

I agree... and an outrageous title for a noob thread... I smell a troll...

also... any time anyone uses excessive sex descriptions... they are overly embelishing truth... which is a common troll tactic. 

Did I get it right sensei?
Report Spam   Logged

wizer

« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2008, 06:32:41 pm »

I agree... and an outrageous title for a noob thread... I smell a troll...

also... any time anyone uses excessive sex descriptions... they are overly embelishing truth... which is a common troll tactic. 

Did I get it right sensei?

I would say you pegged it...but then again...talking about "using excessive sex descriptions embelishing truth"....how's that baby bouncer doing?

Report Spam   Logged
GoodWitch

There's No Place Like Home

« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2008, 06:35:16 pm »

The weirdest things appear on message boards, don't they?
Report Spam   Logged

wizer

« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2008, 06:37:33 pm »

The weirdest things appear on message boards, don't they?

They sure do. You never know what's going to be posted next...

Report Spam   Logged
Murdock

« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2008, 08:54:57 pm »

I would say you pegged it...but then again...talking about "using excessive sex descriptions embelishing truth"....how's that baby bouncer doing?

it's lovely  Evil
Report Spam   Logged

Skylla

« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2008, 02:36:06 pm »

Undecided

I think I need a refresher course.
Report Spam   Logged
wizer

« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2008, 10:33:21 pm »

I think I need a refresher course.

It's all right here.

And you seem to be doing just fine.

8)
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print