The_Matrix
April 18, 2024, 08:45:01 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Guests: Register for a free account today, and you can customize your profile, read hidden boards, and add your own posts and comments too!

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Troll School- presented by wizer

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Troll School- presented by wizer  (Read 2418 times)
wizer

« on: June 09, 2008, 07:44:16 pm »

wizer -- the lessons have been informative & interesting -- keep it up (so to speak) 

Wizer---Until I started reading your Troll threads, I hated trolls, thought they were the lowest of the lowest, but since I came here and now have a better understanding of it all.....I say why not?

I wish when I first joined a forum  (ws) there would have been a thread such as this one explaining it all.  I remember you started a Troll thread at ws, no one showed much interest, hell, I remember I wouldn't even read it after your first post.   I really didn't like you---lol---now I think you are the greatest.    Thanks for informing me as to how a Troll operates, now I can just laugh with the trolls........it is really funny.

Although I don't agree with attacking a member who never says or does anything bad to other members, I think trolls should go after the bullies of the forums.   Wizer----how do you feel about that?  Am I wrong, or does that make me not Troll material??  And if you don't answer me I will flood your PM box....

Absolutely as a troll you have the right to select your targets according to your own personal preferences. I always have a reason for singling out a particular member, if I am not simply starting a thread to bait whomever might bite on it, such as the Loveshack thread, which, as you correctly stated, requires much more patience then I showed. I rushed it, threw so much stuff into the first 2 or 3 posts that it was almost immediately called BS and the moderator shut it down.

As far as who I target, and how I feel about it? I usually target members who:

1) Have attacked me or my posts in some way. This is my prime target. I almost always hit BACK, not first. On womansavers for example, I tended to flame members who criticized my sexually crude posts. Again, I am in no way justifying the posts I made over there, this is not about that, just the type of members who respond and how they respond.

2) Members who disagree with my opinions and are critical of me. Although I don't know that I would necessarily "troll" them as much as have a spirited debate with them, but things easily turn ugly and then its a flame match and they are on my list for future trolling.

3) I do occasionally target innocent members who I have had no contact with in the past, usually members who are so stupid and clueless and throw out their opinions as if their way is the only right way. Check the posts of Luke Skywalker, Evilken, and ConfusedDater, all in the "museum of natural history" board as 3 examples of these types of members.

Although as I said, I have been chatting with Evilken on Yahoo IM these past few weeks, he understands and appreciates my advice, and he is of course no longer a target of my trolling. I could have easily messed with his head once I started chatting with him and giving advice to him, but that's not my way. When someone respects me, and asks for my advice, they are no longer an adversary or someone to be messed with.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: