The_Matrix
April 19, 2024, 12:57:57 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Guests: Register for a free account today, and you can customize your profile, read hidden boards, and add your own posts and comments too!

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

I will never get back with my husband!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I will never get back with my husband!  (Read 3087 times)
leslie
« on: December 24, 2008, 12:21:51 pm »

He is not the same man I met 10 years ago. Someone who was once was very loving and caring has now resorted to using his fists rather than trying to work out our problems.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

wizer

« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2008, 12:26:59 pm »

He is not the same man I met 10 years ago. Someone who was once was very loving and caring has now resorted to using his fists rather than trying to work out our problems.

Never tolerate abuse like that. NEVER. There are laws in place that will protect you but it may take some real courage on your part to take advantage of them.

Report Spam   Logged
leslie
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2008, 01:25:42 pm »

Never tolerate abuse like that. NEVER. There are laws in place that will protect you but it may take some real courage on your part to take advantage of them.

For the longest time he told me I had it coming.
Report Spam   Logged
wizer

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2008, 01:35:31 pm »

leslie forget about what he said and what he says now.

It's what YOU think and do that's important.

I have been on these boards alot these past few years, and I have seen that when it comes to battered women there are basically 3 groups. Which one do you think you fall into?

1) The woman is physically abused once by her SO (significant other, be it husband or boyfriend), she shows him the door, and it's over before it starts.

2) The woman puts up with the abuse, because she thinks she deserves it and/or he's "allowed to do it if he wants"

3) She knows she should be out of that situation but she is afraid that if she tries to leave or kick him out he will retaliate and hurt her even worse, and maybe take it out on the children as well.

Report Spam   Logged
leslie
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2008, 01:49:28 pm »

He did threaten our son.
Report Spam   Logged
wizer

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2008, 02:09:29 pm »

He did threaten our son.

Well, threats need to be evaluated as carefully as possible, and taken "in context".

People say things in anger that they don't always mean. Look at his history, the way he acts around the children. Regardless. If the guy is putting his fists on you and he's not receiving counseling or attempting to change the behavior then you need to get yourself out of that situation.

I see that you didn't answer my question. Perhaps you don't feel comfortable doing that, and that's ok..but answer it to yourself. If you are trapped in a cycle of ongoing violence you need to break it by removing yourself or your husband from the situation. You are the victim but you don't have to have "the victim mentality".

Do something about it besides just sitting there and accepting that it has to be that way.

Report Spam   Logged
Rella

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2008, 08:09:21 pm »

Leslie......no one , and I mean no one......ever deserves treated like this.....whether it is physical or verbal
abuse!!!!  You are not the one wrong here, he is!!  Please do not like him make you out to be the "bad guy"!! 
Please leave if you and your child are in danger!! 
Report Spam   Logged

I must be a Yawnie cuz Rubes says so!!
leslie
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2009, 12:14:04 am »

Hi all.

After spending two months laid up I am back. My husband beat me to the point that I almost died. I just wanted to let you all know that I am still here and hope to be posting more in the future about what happened.
Report Spam   Logged
Nikkie

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2009, 01:13:01 pm »

Hi all.

After spending two months laid up I am back. My husband beat me to the point that I almost died. I just wanted to let you all know that I am still here and hope to be posting more in the future about what happened.

Oh my goodness - are you still together? or have you left him now?
Report Spam   Logged
wizer

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2009, 01:17:10 pm »

I'll never understand why people (usually the women) stay in these abusive relationships.

I'm sorry this happened, and all I can tell you is that I hope you got the message this time and you have the strength and courage that is necessary to break away from this.

Many don't.  huh
Report Spam   Logged
GoodWitch

There's No Place Like Home

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2009, 02:09:34 pm »

Leslie,

One word: Leave.

Just do it. Don't over-think it. Just go.
Report Spam   Logged

Skylla

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2009, 02:16:02 pm »

Oh my goodness - are you still together? or have you left him now?

Damn.....he almost beat you to death....I have the same question, are you still together or have you left him?

Hopefully, you have left him and are safe.  If not, you really need to make a phone call to the nearest domestic violence shelter, they can help you get away and give you a safe place to stay.....if you are still with him...please make that call...

Report Spam   Logged
Rella

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2009, 02:19:03 pm »

OMG Leslie.........

Please tell us that he is in jail.

If not, I sure hope he is far away from you.

Please let us know how you are dealing with this.

Report Spam   Logged

I must be a Yawnie cuz Rubes says so!!
Skylla

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2009, 02:32:09 pm »

I agree with Rella....this man should be in jail....surely he is.

Report Spam   Logged
wizer

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2009, 02:44:08 pm »

Leslie, quick question for you.

I don't mean to sound..well...harsh and nonsympathetic...believe me I have been on lots of relationship boards and my heart goes out to victims of abuse...

But I need to ask..Why are you accessing this board using a proxy server?

In my experience, only trolls use proxies.

Huh?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: