The_Matrix
April 19, 2024, 04:22:17 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Guests: Register for a free account today, and you can customize your profile, read hidden boards, and add your own posts and comments too!

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

If you're not living you're dying

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: If you're not living you're dying  (Read 621 times)
wizer

« on: October 24, 2008, 10:32:49 am »

2 years ago, in the beginning of this divorce, I was sure I wouldn't get through it in one piece. I was convinced I would be financially devastated, my office would affected, either directly or indirectly by the whole thing, and that I would be broke and penniless, and maybe even incarcerated due to inability to pay court ordered support. The mind can be deadly, the way it plays tricks on you.

The truth is, that even though this divorce has taken it's toll, financially, emotionally, and otherwise, I now realize that I am going to get through it ok..sure some "lifestyle" changes were necessary, I'm living in a condo rather than a  house on a wooded acre, my relationship with my children is currently nonexistant, and a good part of my "nest egg" has been wiped out in attorney's fees and support payments..however, there are two sides to every coin...my condo is really nice, and I have been working to make it even better, there's no outside maintenance..as I watch the leaves fall I don't sit there thinking that I gotta get out there and rake..my kids...yeah that whole situation sucks, but truth is they are teenagers and they wouldn't be around much anyway, and I figure they'll come around eventually...

Anyway..my mood and attitude has improved significantly as of late...throw in a bit of bipolar with it's ups and downs...I have been doing things for myself that I haven't done in quite some time..besides buying the condo and throwing some money into it, I also got myself a new car.

A sporty 2 seater convertible. Here's the link to the car on Ebay. This car is located at a dealer in NJ, and when I went to a local dealer, they did a search for my color choice and there was only one left in a 2008, and it was this very same car. It's been shipped to the dealer, and I will be picking it up tonight. In the Ebay listing, it say's the car is used, with 3 miles..in fact it's new. With upgrades including the rear spoiler, two tone leather interior, Moonsoon 7 speaker sound system, and chrome rims.

click here

P.S. If there are any doubters...stand by for pictures, including the condo with before/after pictures, and me and the new car.

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

GoodWitch

There's No Place Like Home

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2008, 10:48:26 am »

That's a mid-life-crisis-mobile if ever I saw one! LOL  Enjoy it, it's beautiful! Glad you're doing better!
Report Spam   Logged

wizer

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2008, 10:50:10 am »

That's a mid-life-crisis-mobile if ever I saw one! LOL  Enjoy it, it's beautiful! Glad you're doing better!

You got that right..

Although from what I've read, there is really no such thing. Either way, I'm going through "something". Might as well hit it head on.

Report Spam   Logged
GoodWitch

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2008, 11:11:17 am »

You got that right..

Although from what I've read, there is really no such thing. Either way, I'm going through "something". Might as well hit it head on.

I think a lot of us get to a point in life where we need a change. Or have change forced upon us and have to deal with it!
Report Spam   Logged

theWiz

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2008, 06:39:51 pm »

It's not the car I'd choose but I can't fault it...they are pretty good.  Besides, I had MY midlife crisis 20 years ago, and rather than sell my country's secrets to the Russkies I just opted for a sweet new car and a sweet Jung thing.  Both were good choices for me.  Still have the sweet thing, but not the car.   O0

Report Spam   Logged
wizer

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2008, 09:51:17 am »

She's a cutie..at least from what I can see in the picture..let me know if you are interested in a trade in... Wink
Report Spam   Logged
GoodWitch

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2008, 11:41:50 am »

Funny how men & women are different about that stuff - I have no interest in returning to my Camaro days (Wizer, you're from this area, you know that deal - I had a 75 Camaro, red with white interior, from 75 to 85, cruisin' Seaside Heights LOL) My mid-life existential crisis has deeper roots. I went through a brief-but-fun phase of much younger men, and am now looking for new career opportunities, and no men at all. LOL I've recently walked away from a couple of message boards where I wasn't comfortable, and I really feel that I'm headed in a good direction in life, though I have no idea where I'm going.
Report Spam   Logged

theWiz

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2008, 01:03:39 pm »

Funny how men & women are different about that stuff - I have no interest in returning to my Camaro days (Wizer, you're from this area, you know that deal - I had a 75 Camaro, red with white interior, from 75 to 85, cruisin' Seaside Heights LOL) My mid-life existential crisis has deeper roots. I went through a brief-but-fun phase of much younger men, and am now looking for new career opportunities, and no men at all. LOL I've recently walked away from a couple of message boards where I wasn't comfortable, and I really feel that I'm headed in a good direction in life, though I have no idea where I'm going.

LOL..."I DON'T KNOW WHERE I AM OR WHERE I'M GOING...BUT I SURE AS HELL AIN'T LOST."

That's a good feeling.
Report Spam   Logged
GoodWitch

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2008, 01:18:33 pm »

LOL..."I DON'T KNOW WHERE I AM OR WHERE I'M GOING...BUT I SURE AS HELL AIN'T LOST."

That's a good feeling.

Yeah - that's it! EXACTAMUNDO!
Report Spam   Logged

GoodWitch

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2008, 08:39:25 pm »

- I have no interest in returning to my Camaro days

Well - on second thought - I sure wouldn't mind one of these parked in my garage.  Cheesy

Koenigsegg CCXR Edition
Price: $2,200,000 (est) | 0-62 mph: 2.9 seconds
Top Speed: 254 mph | Mileage: N/A

4.8 liter twin-turbocharged V8, 1,018 horsepower!
Report Spam   Logged

theWiz

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2008, 10:24:45 pm »

Good grief...for that kind of dough you could be driving a Bugatti Veyron, with $600K left in your pocket.

More seriously, the hot rod AMG builds on the C-class Merc is relatively affordable at a mere $65K, street smart and deadly strong.  They call it the C63 AMG.  Here, take it for a spin...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ktk8DiEbeRc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/ktk8DiEbeRc</a>

Read about it here.   http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drives/FullTests/articleId=125334
Report Spam   Logged
wizer

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2008, 10:36:19 pm »

I paid about 26,500 plus tax for mine, and that included options such as the rear spoiler, maximum sound system, chrome rims, and leather trim seat package. That's not bad for a sporty two seater convertible. Yeah, it didn't score top of the charts in it's reviews, but it's a sharp looking car, and much more fun to drive than my 2000 Outback. It works for me...
Report Spam   Logged
theWiz

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2008, 11:38:25 pm »

I paid about 26,500 plus tax for mine, and that included options such as the rear spoiler, maximum sound system, chrome rims, and leather trim seat package. That's not bad for a sporty two seater convertible. Yeah, it didn't score top of the charts in it's reviews, but it's a sharp looking car, and much more fun to drive than my 2000 Outback. It works for me...

That's about the going rate, I think.  As I said earlier, it's quite a bit of Babe Magnet for the dough, and I wouldn't kick it out of my garage either!
Report Spam   Logged
GoodWitch

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2008, 07:47:23 am »

Wizer, you're gonna love it. Fits right in with the new condo, etc.

I drive a silver '02 Ford Escape SUV with just over 50K miles on it. I bought it new in Oct. '01, and hope to have it a lot longer. I love it.
Report Spam   Logged

wizer

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2008, 11:04:28 am »

Wizer, you're gonna love it. Fits right in with the new condo, etc.

I drive a silver '02 Ford Escape SUV with just over 50K miles on it. I bought it new in Oct. '01, and hope to have it a lot longer. I love it.

I'm enjoying it a lot..to make up for the lack of trunk space, I picked up a combo cargo/camping popup trailer. The tenting fits into the lid so the entire body of the trailer is usable for holding gear.

Here's the link. They gotta build it so it will take a month or so with shipping, but I am not going anywhere anytime soon..

http://www.bf-specialties.com/lx.html
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: