The_Matrix
April 19, 2024, 01:58:14 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Guests: Register for a free account today, and you can customize your profile, read hidden boards, and add your own posts and comments too!

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

I had to call the police on this loser

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I had to call the police on this loser  (Read 500 times)
wizer

« on: October 18, 2008, 10:19:27 am »

Yesterday afternoon, in the midst of a really hectic day, patients in the waiting room, patients in my office, in the exam room...a staff member comes into my office and says "there are two people here to see you, one says she is your neighbor, and they need to talk to you about a personal matter". I am thinking "wtf..I just moved to the condo a month ago, I hardly know anyone..."  I go out into the waiting room, and there's a young woman there, a woman I had met a few weeks ago and said hello too...not bad looking, and I heard she was single...but I digress...shes there with a guy, and they don't look happy..They say "your dog scratched up his car". We go outside, and the guy (who the cop later told me was her cousin), shows me all these scratch marks, some superficial, a few right through the paint, all around his car.

He says my dog did it..he said "remember when I was honking and you came out of the garage?". I was like, yes, my dog was on a tie out and she was just standing there, not jumping on your car..he said "well she followed me back to where I parked and jumped all over my car!". I said "she was on a tie out she couldn't have followed you". He said "I know your dog runs around the neighborhood without a leash". I said "she got out once or twice and came back within a few minutes, and the incident in question was not one of the times she was free". He said "do you think I am making this up, that I would come down here and blame your dog?". I said I don't know him from a hole in the wall, and people lie and I am not about to assume responsibility for an action that I never witnessed, that he didn't speak to me about for a couple of days later, and besides I am in the midst of a busy day full of patients and I need to consider how I am going to handle this.

I said I would get back to them..she left me her number, I went back to work. I found out that as they left, he was cursing and muttering, in front of all the patients in the waiting room. After considering it, I called her back and said they had no business coming to my work place, the guy was verbally abusive, his story didn't make sense, and I was not getting involved with it. If he wants he can take the matter to small claims court. I left this in a message on her machine...he shows up at my office, parks in the lot, refuses to move his car which was blocking other cars...I said "get out of my parking lot"..he refused to move, I said "get the **** out of my parking lot ****"..he said he called the police and was waiting for them. I said he's trespassing and I will have him arrested.  I went inside, called the cops, who said they already got a call from him..at that point he drove out of the lot and parked next door.

Cops show up, talk to him, and talk to me..the same cop that I had spoken to numerous times before because when a patient bounces a check and refuses to make good on it, I have them arrested...and I go through a whole process which involves giving a statement to an officer and its usually this guy. So we're almost buddies..lol..he said he told the guy to stay away from my business and take the matter to small claims court if he thinks he has a case.

All in a day's work!

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

GoodWitch

There's No Place Like Home

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2008, 11:20:37 am »

Amazing. I can't believe they came to your office instead of to your house. That strikes me as weird. You're a magnet for strange situations!
Report Spam   Logged

wizer

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2008, 11:29:29 am »

Amazing. I can't believe they came to your office instead of to your house. That strikes me as weird. You're a magnet for strange situations!

LOL...that's exactly what my staff members tell me. I said to them "the small claims courts are full of this kind of thing, so it's not just me"...they said, yeah, but with you, it's like something else every day.

And yeah, them showing up at my work place, and him going even further by making a scene verbally, and then coming back a second time, parking in the middle of the lot, and calling the police...the guy has issues for sure. And now I gotta watch my back over at the condo...wonderful.

Report Spam   Logged
GoodWitch

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2008, 12:34:46 pm »

LOL...that's exactly what my staff members tell me. I said to them "the small claims courts are full of this kind of thing, so it's not just me"...they said, yeah, but with you, it's like something else every day.

And yeah, them showing up at my work place, and him going even further by making a scene verbally, and then coming back a second time, parking in the middle of the lot, and calling the police...the guy has issues for sure. And now I gotta watch my back over at the condo...wonderful.

You're off to a good start with the neighbors LOL Well, don't worry about it - just make sure you keep an eye on the dog (I'm concerned about HER, not their stupid car!)
Report Spam   Logged

wizer

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2008, 01:25:10 pm »

You're off to a good start with the neighbors LOL Well, don't worry about it - just make sure you keep an eye on the dog (I'm concerned about HER, not their stupid car!)

Yes, I am going to keep her on a "tight leash".

Report Spam   Logged
GoodWitch

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2008, 01:36:04 pm »

Yes, I am going to keep her on a "tight leash".

Good idea! LOL Those people sound like they aren't wrapped too tight. But that's New Yorkers for ya!    (j/k  - it's just as bad here.)
Report Spam   Logged

theWiz

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2008, 03:39:30 pm »

The dude SERIOUSLY needs his ass kicked.  Around here, he wouldn't last a week without a trip to the ER.

Report Spam   Logged
Skylla

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2008, 04:08:27 pm »

Wow...He has some kind of nerve to show up at your work raising hell.

I mean, he is your neighbor....he could have approached you at home....there is a time and placed for everything, apparently he doesn't realize that.

I would be careful if I was you....I know of someone who was having problems with a neighbor and she woke up with flattened tires.  Some neighbors can be nightmares. 
Report Spam   Logged
Fine Point

rainmusic

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2008, 07:51:49 pm »

It is the economic times and it will only get worse unfortunately.  People are on edge and beginning to crack.
Report Spam   Logged

There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance—that principle is contempt prior to investigation. – Herbert Spencer

wizer

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2008, 10:34:19 pm »

Wow...He has some kind of nerve to show up at your work raising hell.

I mean, he is your neighbor....he could have approached you at home....there is a time and placed for everything, apparently he doesn't realize that.

I would be careful if I was you....I know of someone who was having problems with a neighbor and she woke up with flattened tires.  Some neighbors can be nightmares. 

That thought crossed my mind..he might consider "hitting back" by doing some damage to my car..although it's parked right outside my bedroom window (which is on the second floor), so he wouldn't know if he was being watched..and it's an older car, which I am thinking of replacing soon with a 2 seater convertible...and if he did damage to my car, he knows that he would be the prime suspect, and he also risks me doing the same to his car or his cousins car if he goes so far as to escalate things to that point...so I am not going to lose sleep over that possibility..my guess is that he's going to sue me in small claims court but he will modify his story and say that he actually saw my dog jumping on his car. He HAS to lie because as it stands he has no proof whatsover, and once the lies start, it's hard to keep a story straight. It will be interesting..not the worst half day I will have to spend in court in my lifetime..

Report Spam   Logged
Murdock

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2008, 08:27:02 pm »

That thought crossed my mind..he might consider "hitting back" by doing some damage to my car..although it's parked right outside my bedroom window (which is on the second floor), so he wouldn't know if he was being watched..and it's an older car, which I am thinking of replacing soon with a 2 seater convertible...and if he did damage to my car, he knows that he would be the prime suspect, and he also risks me doing the same to his car or his cousins car if he goes so far as to escalate things to that point...so I am not going to lose sleep over that possibility..my guess is that he's going to sue me in small claims court but he will modify his story and say that he actually saw my dog jumping on his car. He HAS to lie because as it stands he has no proof whatsover, and once the lies start, it's hard to keep a story straight. It will be interesting..not the worst half day I will have to spend in court in my lifetime..

I don't know what the laws are where you are... but to bring a suit in small claims the damages typically have to exceed $500.
Report Spam   Logged

~ Laughter is a Vacation ~
RWS

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2008, 11:56:24 am »

Wow!  You always have crazy stuff going on!!   Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

Remember, it doesn't matter whether you win or lose; what matters is whether I win or lose. (Darrin Weinberg)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: