The_Matrix
March 29, 2024, 01:28:59 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Guests: Register for a free account today, and you can customize your profile, read hidden boards, and add your own posts and comments too!

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Remember When?

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Remember When?  (Read 172 times)
Skylla

« on: October 13, 2008, 11:35:57 am »

Everyone has different memories of what the "good ole days were".......when I turn the TV on the first thing I hear is about how bad the economy is now.

I think we need a thread about our different memories from "the good ole days."

One of mine is.....

Remember going to the old Woolworths stores....walking on the hardwood floors and being greeted by the glass candy cases?  The woman behind them had a large shiney metal scooper that she would use to put the candy of your choice on a scale to weigh it and then hand it to you in a brown bag.  Does anyone remember all the candy you could get for just a quarter?

Remember the excitment of getting your first color TV?  I remember ours was a large floor console in a maple wood cabinet.

Another good ole day memory I have is from when I was in High School....at lunch hour...everyone walked down to the local restruant where you could get a big, juicy, greasy hamburger for just a quarter.

What are some of your "good ole day" memories?
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

wizer

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 02:26:28 pm »

I remember when computers first came out...and they were like $3000-5000...and I learned about computers, how to build them, configure them...some issues would keep me up til 2 in the morning...placing jumpers on mainboards, swapping out IDE drives and PCI cards...solving DMA and IRQ conflicts..nowadays computers are so cheap it makes no sense to build them yourself, and the hardware and software is so advanced that for the most part you install something with 2 clicks or less and it works flawlessly.

Ok, maybe I am not going back that far...I guess further back, I can recall when I got my first color TV and threw out the black and white that had been in my bedroom for 12 years or so...the basic TV pong games that most people would laugh at nowadays...the old LP albums, which I still occasionally play on the turntable that I hooked up to my new system...waiting for food to cook in an over when nowadays 2 minutes in the microwave does the trick...

Report Spam   Logged
Skylla

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008, 06:26:49 pm »

I wish I still had my old record albums.

I remember getting my first 8-track player.

I also remember getting my first computer.....it was so damn heavy and bulky it was hard to move.  Unlike Wizer, I did not learn how to take it apart and put it back together.  Guess its never to late to learn.

Does anyone here remember going "dragging main"  ??   Kids in small towns had nothing else to do.  I know sis will probably remember.  I wonder if the kids now a days still do that with the price of gas.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: