The_Matrix
April 20, 2024, 08:45:06 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Guests: Register for a free account today, and you can customize your profile, read hidden boards, and add your own posts and comments too!

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

It's a jungle out there

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: It's a jungle out there  (Read 1145 times)
GoodWitch

There's No Place Like Home

« on: October 08, 2008, 09:29:53 pm »

Just sayin'.

I made a new friend recently - a woman who lives in my neighborhood. She's also divorced and trying to date. She's a few years younger than me, but is encountering the same roadblocks. The "good ones" are either taken, or afraid of comittment, or (we're getting to THAT age now - they want someone younger!

*sigh*

At least I know it isn't just me.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

wizer

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 09:57:57 pm »

I have heard that from most of the women I dated since the demise of my marriage, all of whom I met online. They sounded rather discouraged. I felt really bad dumping the ones that just didn't do it for me, knowing that guys like me are probably one in a million...well, one in a thousand anyway.

Roll Eyes

Report Spam   Logged
GoodWitch

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2008, 02:26:36 am »

I have heard that from most of the women I dated since the demise of my marriage, all of whom I met online. They sounded rather discouraged. I felt really bad dumping the ones that just didn't do it for me, knowing that guys like me are probably one in a million...well, one in a thousand anyway.

Roll Eyes

You have stated at least 2 out of 3, though (taken and afraid of comitment), so I'm afraid I don't follow what your point is....
Report Spam   Logged

wizer

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2008, 06:52:38 pm »

You have stated at least 2 out of 3, though (taken and afraid of comitment), so I'm afraid I don't follow what your point is....

At the time I was dating I was not "taken"...and I am not afraid of commitment. I am simply not interested in getting married again and exposing myself to the whims of the broken system that governs this great country of ours. I am with my present girlfriend for 15 months now...and still going strong. I don't think I have a problem with commitment at all. Its the legally binding part of it that scares the **** out of me. I want to be with my partner because I want to be, not because some piece of paper says I HAVE to be.

That's my point.

Report Spam   Logged
GoodWitch

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2008, 08:53:46 pm »

At the time I was dating I was not "taken"...and I am not afraid of commitment. I am simply not interested in getting married again and exposing myself to the whims of the broken system that governs this great country of ours. I am with my present girlfriend for 15 months now...and still going strong. I don't think I have a problem with commitment at all. Its the legally binding part of it that scares the **** out of me. I want to be with my partner because I want to be, not because some piece of paper says I HAVE to be.

That's my point.

I get that! I have a lot of friends (of both genders) who feel the way you do. And, as long as whoever you're involved with is on the same page, great!

Everyone has different qualifiers - I want someone who believes in the same basic spiritual thing(s) I do, who wants the whole marriage thing, and  - blah, blah, blah, several other key points I won't bore everyone with.  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Murdock

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2008, 02:52:52 am »

I will never get married again... I have never been divorced... but this is it for me.

don't get me wrong... I would date and have fun... and probably hook up with the x-hubby from time to time... but that's just because first and foremost we have always been friends... and for some strange reason we are always able to separate relationship into 4 categories.. friends, parents, partners, lovers... and in that order...  Cheesy

I don't even think I would change my last name back...  Huh?

Report Spam   Logged

~ Laughter is a Vacation ~
Touche
Bronze

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2008, 01:01:54 am »

That's my point.

After my second divorce...I vowed to NEVER get married again.

Why?

I refuse to give someone a binding legal document to use against me while they are.....excuse me.......pissed off as hell at me!

Thats insanity!

Never ever again!   Cheesy Grin Shocked
Report Spam   Logged
GoodWitch

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2008, 05:08:12 pm »

After my second divorce...I vowed to NEVER get married again.

Why?

I refuse to give someone a binding legal document to use against me while they are.....excuse me.......pissed off as hell at me!

Thats insanity!

Never ever again!   Cheesy Grin Shocked

I would have an iron-clad pre-nup to protect both sides (I may be sentimental and romantic, but I'm NOT stupid LOL)  Most folks who know me are shocked that I'd want one, but I would.

I just don't go for the idea of "let's just live together until our first minor disagreement and then break up". That's not for me.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: