The_Matrix
March 29, 2024, 06:58:34 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Guests: Register for a free account today, and you can customize your profile, read hidden boards, and add your own posts and comments too!

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Hello from Fine Point

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello from Fine Point  (Read 2358 times)
wizer

« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2009, 01:08:45 pm »

Yes, very good.

All that you describe here sounds positive and productive.  Certain tactical practices on the Internet, while being an enjoyable, educational and ego-affirming hobby (that can become an obsession) only reach a certain depth; real life is wrought with mortal, moral, and common realities that at the end of the day trump the flame (flamer)-wars so common and nasty. That is not tactical, only rude and depraved, often Angry

There are forums such as these that I speak of where I cannot truly express my views or beliefs: I am a Rightwing-Conservative that voted for Obama, I battle with Bi-polar/OCD and am currently in treatment, I'm a Jew by birth and a Catholic by choice, my fiance is a Cuban Mulatto and the blatant racism exhibited in some forums is disgusting.

All-in-all, I am totally against censorship but I also choose my friends wisely.  I appreciate healthy debate (where we can all learn something, hopefully) but am not willing to endure attacks by know-nothing trash with an undefined axe to grind. I prefer intellectual pursuits that lead to a finer quality of life.  I consider myself open-minded while standing by my beliefs firmly (but with a strong rein upon my tongue)

This appears to be a promising venue and I look forward to time well spent here.

Matthew

Hey Mat

I can relate..although I've never been "officially diagnosed" with anything other than anxiety and depression- which were "situational" and related to my failed marriage and once before due to the trauma of a building fire that destroyed my office- I have little doubt that OCD, Bipolar, and some BPD are in the mix as well.

You're an intelligent fellow, as seen by pms we have shared on another board, and what you post here; in fact your recent pm to me on another board really made me sit back and think.."you know, this guy is right, WTF am I doing all day long on a board filled with a bunch of losers that do nothing but throw the same insults back and forth all day long". I still don't know...although I figure it has something to do with taking out my frustrations in life secondary to my divorce on a bunch of societal misfits including self admitted drunks/drug addicts/criminals who seem to live for this stuff day in and day out. But I'm sure there's more to it than that.

I look forward to your posts...and I'll try to keep up with you.

Smiley

Report Spam   Logged
Casimir
Bronze

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2009, 01:22:52 pm »

Hello, GoodWitch, nice to meet you.
Report Spam   Logged
Rella

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2009, 02:44:34 pm »

Hi Grudge...........nice to meet you!
Report Spam   Logged

I must be a Yawnie cuz Rubes says so!!
Casimir
Bronze

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2009, 04:40:29 pm »

Hi Grudge...........nice to meet you!

Nice meeting you also, Rella.
Report Spam   Logged
Fine Point

rainmusic

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2009, 04:43:50 pm »

Hi Grudge! 

Good to see you here.   Smiley   

PM me.
Report Spam   Logged

There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance—that principle is contempt prior to investigation. – Herbert Spencer

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: