The_Matrix
April 20, 2024, 05:18:13 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Guests: Register for a free account today, and you can customize your profile, read hidden boards, and add your own posts and comments too!

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

The air handler in my condo is shot and needs to be replaced for around $4000

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The air handler in my condo is shot and needs to be replaced for around $4000  (Read 1551 times)
wizer

« on: October 24, 2008, 11:18:20 am »

Wow! Great! Something worked out calmly and easily - I can't believe it LOL

True. Things don't usually go that smoothly.

I only wish my soon-to-be exwife had that mentality.

She refuses to even consider a settlement offer. So much greed, stupidity, fear...it's costing us so much more than it otherwise would have, only because she refuses to believe she's not entitled to this huge amount..that she didn't do a damn thing to legitimately entitle herself to.

Two examples. She thinks she should get half my professional practice. Why? Because she worked there part time for the past few years? Because she was supportive to me after the fire burned my building down in 1998? Because she painted a few interior walls of the place?

I told her about a month ago, in response to her question, that no, I will not willingly fork over the cost of a private college for my older daughter, who has refused contact with me for almost 2 years. She couldn't understand this..she thinks I should "be there for my children" financially no matter what. (Over and above the 100k in support, of course).

I said no, I am giving her a huge sum of money, which is of course court ordered, and I am not paying any thing over and above that for private school unless I am ordered to. So when I asked her about a settlement, she said "we can't settle you wont pay for college!". This is a woman who hasn't worked since May 2006 and is licensed as a nurse. She could have been working and saving money for their college this whole time...but the point is, the judge is only going to award her so much, it's my understanding that I will be required to pay half the cost of a New York State school, which is half of 12k, or 6k per year..she "could" offer a settlement that includes me paying for example, 10k..and I might say yes to save 30k in attorneys costs at a trial. The idea is, to figure out what you would get in a trial, and then ask for a bit more, and settle the damn thing and save the difference that would have been paid out in attorneys fees.

But she doesn't think that way.

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: