The_Matrix
March 29, 2024, 11:13:46 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Guests: Register for a free account today, and you can customize your profile, read hidden boards, and add your own posts and comments too!

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

I hope you win!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I hope you win!  (Read 607 times)
wizer

« on: September 23, 2008, 02:56:02 pm »

This was the message waiting for me when I placed a $9.99 bid on an HDMI splitter which will allow me to run two TVs off of one satellite box. I bid for it on Ebay, because my local electronics store doesn't carry it. If it did, I probably would have bought it there and paid more because they have good customer service and they give me good advice, but I digress.

These computer generated words of encouragement and praise only **** me off. Why the hell should I care that some computer somewhere hopes I win? Does the bidder after me, who trumps MY bid, get the same message? "I hope you beat the other guys bid". The point is, there's no "person" behind there, it's just randomly generated messages that act like someone really gives a ****.

Its no better than my insurance guy or financial guy who send me automated emails when it's my birthday or some special holiday. I know they didnt send it, they simply put my name and birthday into a computer program and they never looked back. I would prefer NO message rather than a stupid computer generated one that really means "we don't give a **** but here's a message that may make you think we do".

Is it just me?

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

GoodWitch

There's No Place Like Home

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 03:40:09 pm »

Those things are annoying, but -Yes, it's just you who would write three paragraphs about it.  "Transference" of a sort.....You're annoyed about other things and getting bogged down in details.

Chill.....    :-*
Report Spam   Logged

wizer

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 04:18:13 pm »

Those things are annoying, but -Yes, it's just you who would write three paragraphs about it.  "Transference" of a sort.....You're annoyed about other things and getting bogged down in details.

Chill.....    :-*

Trying...

Report Spam   Logged
RWS

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008, 04:23:53 pm »

I think GW hit the nail on the head.  You are stressed so little things get to you.

I sometimes listen to this AM radio show in the afternoons.  The host takes callers and around half of them ask him how he's doing.  He typically gives them a terse reply of "do you really care"?  Sometimes he says "fine" but it's laced in disdain.  You can tell he hates having the callers ask him that.  I think some ask him just to **** him off.

Report Spam   Logged

Remember, it doesn't matter whether you win or lose; what matters is whether I win or lose. (Darrin Weinberg)
GoodWitch

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2008, 04:37:10 pm »

Trying...

It will all be over with sooner than you think. Keep busy with the new house - time will pass.
Report Spam   Logged

Jade

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2008, 12:00:54 am »

Would you rather it stated "hope you lose"?

LOL
Report Spam   Logged
GoodWitch

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2008, 11:52:38 am »

Alec Baldwin was just on "The View" talking about parental alienation, where one parent turns the kid(s) against the other.  All I have to add is that the parents don't need to be divorced for this to happen. Some very insidious things happen with everyone all under one roof as well.
Report Spam   Logged

wizer

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2008, 12:22:17 pm »

Alec Baldwin was just on "The View" talking about parental alienation, where one parent turns the kid(s) against the other.  All I have to add is that the parents don't need to be divorced for this to happen. Some very insidious things happen with everyone all under one roof as well.

Alec was the one who left his daughter the scathing voicemail, right?

I completely understand how he feels, although he's blaming his daughter without realizing how affected she is by her mother...kids are so easily manipulated by the custodial parent, it's scary. I just got off the phone with the ex..because she needs my help with matters relating to selling the house. I say to her, "Neither one of our daughters talks to me, and all you care about is selling the house. Up until about 2 weeks ago [our daugher] and I got along fine, saw each other regularly..and now she won't even take my calls or respond to my emails. Whatever you said to her, you need to undo this!". She says "oh, she's just all upset about the house, and moving, and it's not you". Right..the problem is, even though my ex (belatedly) realizes the importance of the relationship between a father and his daughters, she is unwilling to accept that the things she is saying about me is having devastating effects..how do you fix a problem when the person causing it isn't even aware they are doing it? There's a term for this particular form of Parental Alienation..there are several...in this case she's in such denial that she doesn't see it at all.

I told her that if she doesn't get (our daughter) back in touch with me, then she has to get her back to see that therapist who, after 2 sessions, got her back in contact with me after about a 3 month hiatus where she once again thought I was a terrible father thanks to you know who...

Report Spam   Logged
GoodWitch

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2008, 12:26:12 pm »

Eventually, the effect will bounce back onto her...but that could take years. When the kids grow up, they will realize they were being played.
Report Spam   Logged

wizer

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2008, 05:52:28 pm »

Eventually, the effect will bounce back onto her...but that could take years. When the kids grow up, they will realize they were being played.

Yeah maybe. Meanwhile, countless years will be lost that can never be gotten back, and the damage done to those children will be permanent, to some extent. It's also a really hard hit for me to take, especially with my youngest because we have always been close. But again, that's old news. It's hard to stop thinking about it, and wondering what else I can do...I have already spoken to the ex, several times...I have tried to contact my daughter until I got the email telling me to leave her alone, and I have started the legal process...which could take...months...years...numerous phone calls...while the days and weeks and months just slip by and my children live their separate lives without their father. Without even seeming to care. I just don't get it. I lost a parent to suicide when I was 14...and if I had both parents around I would want to see both of them. Regardless of what anyone said to me about them. I guess I expect too much of my own children.

Report Spam   Logged
GoodWitch

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2008, 06:04:19 pm »

Yeah maybe. Meanwhile, countless years will be lost that can never be gotten back, and the damage done to those children will be permanent, to some extent. It's also a really hard hit for me to take, especially with my youngest because we have always been close. But again, that's old news. It's hard to stop thinking about it, and wondering what else I can do...I have already spoken to the ex, several times...I have tried to contact my daughter until I got the email telling me to leave her alone, and I have started the legal process...which could take...months...years...numerous phone calls...while the days and weeks and months just slip by and my children live their separate lives without their father. Without even seeming to care. I just don't get it. I lost a parent to suicide when I was 14...and if I had both parents around I would want to see both of them. Regardless of what anyone said to me about them. I guess I expect too much of my own children.

In my teens, I used to side with my mother - because she was the one I was most afraid of! I didn't realize that consciously at the time.

Your ex is the one they HAVE to be around all the time.
Report Spam   Logged

wizer

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2008, 06:09:58 pm »

In my teens, I used to side with my mother - because she was the one I was most afraid of! I didn't realize that consciously at the time.

Your ex is the one they HAVE to be around all the time.

I know...I understand...she has the nerve to tell me "well, the girls don't talk to me either! They are in their rooms most of the time or talking to their friends. I don't see them much more than you do!"

Right.

Report Spam   Logged
Skylla

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2008, 08:55:58 pm »

I know...I understand...she has the nerve to tell me "well, the girls don't talk to me either! They are in their rooms most of the time or talking to their friends. I don't see them much more than you do!"

Right.

Wizer....She is probably telling you right.....your daughters are teen-agers now......the last person any teen-eager wants to spend time with is their parents.

I have done raised 4 teen-agers.......and they were either in their rooms or out with friends......they forget about mom and dad....until they are grown and have kids of their own.    Your daughters are growing up......if I remember right, my sons started acting this way around age 12.

Relax......they won't stay teen-agers forever.
Report Spam   Logged
Jade

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2008, 11:21:45 pm »

Wizer....She is probably telling you right.....your daughters are teen-agers now......the last person any teen-eager wants to spend time with is their parents.

I have done raised 4 teen-agers.......and they were either in their rooms or out with friends......they forget about mom and dad....until they are grown and have kids of their own.    Your daughters are growing up......if I remember right, my sons started acting this way around age 12.

Relax......they won't stay teen-agers forever.
That is the part wizer doesn't understand.    Teenagers do not sit around wanting to hang with parents. I have told wizer countless times to not take it personal, altho as a parent i understand how hard it is not to.  A parent is the last person a teenager WANTS to hang out with, no matter how cool that parent is. I was the coolest parent on earth! (LOL) but my kids didn't WANT to start hanging out with me until they turned 18!  And even then it was surprising that they really DID want to hang wit me!  lmao
Report Spam   Logged
GoodWitch

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2008, 07:40:24 am »

Yes, that's true - as a teenager, I spent as much time in my room as I could get away with. Teens will say things to you like "You don't know anything", etc., that they really don't mean - they just don't KNOW they don't mean it!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: