The_Matrix
March 28, 2024, 07:41:16 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Guests: Register for a free account today, and you can customize your profile, read hidden boards, and add your own posts and comments too!

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Invalid or nonbootable partion

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Invalid or nonbootable partion  (Read 142 times)
wizer

« on: September 20, 2008, 09:41:21 am »

I got this message on my laptop this morning. It's a laptop that I got to interface with my "visual field" instrument, which tells me about the patients peripheral vision. It transfers the exam data to the laptop and gives a nice grey scale display which I show the patient.

This moring, I got the message in the thread title...my first thought was the drive crashed...but...I was doing something on the laptop yesterday afternoon right before I left...I had transferred an image editing program to the laptop..so I could take some screenshots of the more interesting visual fields and show them to patients, so I can compare their results to an abnormal one..I used a thumb drive to transfer the software because that laptop is not on the network..and I left the thumb drive in the USB port.

I removed it, rebooted, and all was ok. Goes to show you..when you have a problem, think back to the last thing you did, what did you install, change, etc..sometimes computers do wacky things, such as attempting to boot off a thumb drive...

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: