The_Matrix
March 28, 2024, 12:50:09 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Guests: Register for a free account today, and you can customize your profile, read hidden boards, and add your own posts and comments too!

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Silly things patients do during an eye exam that bug the heck out of me!

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Silly things patients do during an eye exam that bug the heck out of me!  (Read 3093 times)
GoodWitch

There's No Place Like Home

« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2008, 04:59:05 pm »

This old fellow tells me that he doesn't like to wear his distance glasses because he sees better without them, and he always has, "since the day he got them" from me, two years ago. But he "puts them on to drive because his license says he has to". So I figure, ok, either the glasses were made wrong (it happens), or his vision changed and he says it was since he got them but it was really at a later date.

I examine his eyes, and the prescription is pretty much the same as what I found 2 years ago. So now it seems like the glasses were made wrong. I read the lenses and I find them to be a totally different Rx then what he requires. I check the eyeglass order which is kept on the computer, from the prior visit, and the frame isn't even the same as the one he ordered. Different frame, different lenses...upon examining the frame more closely its determined to be a woman's frame.

I look up the wife's Rx on a hunch, and long story short, they're her glasses. Ok, so then what glasses are SHE wearing? She says "oh they're in the car, I never wear them". She goes and gets them, and there in the case are a brand new pair of never worn glasses. I hand them to the guy, he puts them on and says "These are great!".

Grin Grin Grin Grin Amazing, isn't it?
Report Spam   Logged

wizer

« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2008, 12:00:22 pm »

The center of the retina, where the fine visual acuity occurs, along with the color vision, where the cone photo receptors are concentrated, is called the "macula". Many patients are familiar with the term "macular degeneration" because, unfortunately, lots of older folks get this condition and it often results in severe vision loss if not blindness.

So this patient says..."A friend of mine has maculate conception".

I half expected her to say she gave birth to a baby out of her eye socket...
Report Spam   Logged
$aucy

« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2008, 12:02:11 pm »

Grin
the miraculous virgin baby from an eye
Report Spam   Logged
Murdock

« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2008, 02:24:24 pm »

The center of the retina, where the fine visual acuity occurs, along with the color vision, where the cone photo receptors are concentrated, is called the "macula". Many patients are familiar with the term "macular degeneration" because, unfortunately, lots of older folks get this condition and it often results in severe vision loss if not blindness.

So this patient says..."A friend of mine has maculate conception".

Grin

that sounds painful.... for the baby.... ouch!
Report Spam   Logged

~ Laughter is a Vacation ~
wizer

« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2008, 05:49:29 pm »

Then there are the patients who, when taking the visual field test...in between eyes, they put down the "patient response button" either because they are waiting for me to come back and they don't feel like holding it, or they put it down when I ask them to please put the patch on their other eye. I say "are you ready" (for the second eye to be tested). They lean back into the machine and they say "yes". I say, well you ought to pick up the button otherwise you won't be able to press it when you see the lights blinking. They say "oh yeah".

Report Spam   Logged
wizer

« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2009, 03:56:41 pm »

bump

I was just examining a "not so bright" woman, and I was getting a bit impatient.

It didn't help when she answered a question with "it's clear but I can't read it".

Um..If it's clear, you should be able to freaking read it!

As opposed to..if you can't read it it's probably not very clear...

Report Spam   Logged
GoodWitch

There's No Place Like Home

« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2009, 05:14:52 pm »

bump

I was just examining a "not so bright" woman, and I was getting a bit impatient.

It didn't help when she answered a question with "it's clear but I can't read it".

Um..If it's clear, you should be able to freaking read it!

As opposed to..if you can't read it it's probably not very clear...

LOL I can't imagine the patience it must take to deal with patients.
Report Spam   Logged

BIG WORM

« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2009, 06:09:19 pm »

I would pay to see that, doc (no really, I would pay for thats freaky show)

call me if you think that might happen, ok
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: