The_Matrix
April 20, 2024, 05:19:13 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Guests: Register for a free account today, and you can customize your profile, read hidden boards, and add your own posts and comments too!

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

The assembly of a Boeing 777 in fast motion

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The assembly of a Boeing 777 in fast motion  (Read 306 times)
wizer

« on: September 04, 2008, 07:40:55 pm »

If you were ever wondering what goes into the manufacturing and assembly process of a Boeing Aircraft, here's a video montage that goes through the assembly process of the aircraft in VERY fast motion...

http://www.nmedia.com/777-200LR_Boeing.wmv
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Rella

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2008, 07:52:09 pm »

That is amazing.........how many months does it takes them to build them in real time? Or is it longer than months?
Report Spam   Logged

I must be a Yawnie cuz Rubes says so!!
wizer

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2008, 07:59:14 pm »

That is amazing.........how many months does it takes them to build them in real time? Or is it longer than months?

I did a search, and found this about Boeings upcoming 787 Dreamliner, from http://www.evolvingexcellence.com/blog/2007/05/787_dreamliner_.html

Boeing said it will take about seven weeks to assemble the first plane. By the 100th plane, the company expects to lower that to six days and, ultimately, Boeing said a new 787 will roll out of its factory every three days.  By comparison, Boeing said it takes an average of 14 weeks for the 777 to move out the factory door because much of the manufacturing is done by the company.
Report Spam   Logged
Rella

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2008, 08:12:47 pm »

I did a search, and found this about Boeings upcoming 787 Dreamliner, from http://www.evolvingexcellence.com/blog/2007/05/787_dreamliner_.html

Boeing said it will take about seven weeks to assemble the first plane. By the 100th plane, the company expects to lower that to six days and, ultimately, Boeing said a new 787 will roll out of its factory every three days.  By comparison, Boeing said it takes an average of 14 weeks for the 777 to move out the factory door because much of the manufacturing is done by the company.

Wow...........it sure looks like it should take much longer than that.  It's amazing to me after watching them build something so huge that it even gets off the ground!
Report Spam   Logged

I must be a Yawnie cuz Rubes says so!!
wizer

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2008, 08:32:23 pm »

Wow...........it sure looks like it should take much longer than that.  It's amazing to me after watching them build something so huge that it even gets off the ground!

I think about that every time we roll down the runway for takeoff...and the plane seems to pick up speed sooo slowly....
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: