The_Matrix
March 28, 2024, 08:18:57 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Guests: Register for a free account today, and you can customize your profile, read hidden boards, and add your own posts and comments too!

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Things my dog has destroyed

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Things my dog has destroyed  (Read 1636 times)
wizer

« on: August 05, 2008, 11:05:37 am »

I got her in April..although I try to keep a close watch on her and she is crated when I'm not home, it only takes a minute for her to get into trouble.

This morning, while I was still asleep, she started chewing at my pillow. I awoke to the sound of her chewing, and there were down feathers all over the bed. She took off most of the corner of the pillow.

One (or was it two) cell phone chargers...the cord was left dangling on the floor and that's all it took.

One laptop a/c adapter, while it was plugged in. She must have gotten a shock.

The plastic insert to the toilet paper holder. I had to install a new one.

Two or three insoles to shoes. Mine were still salvagable, my gf didn't want to wear hers with the insert all chewed up.

One of my black shoes, although there was a hole in the bottom anyway so I needed a new pair.

A mini remote that turns on and off an electrical appliance.

She chewed my cellphone and left teeth marks in it although it still worked.

She chewed the corners of a wooden coffee table..although I let her do it because it kept her busy and the table was old, but now she's chewing on the legs and arms of the kitchen table! That was a big mistake..

To be continued...
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

GoodWitch

There's No Place Like Home

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2008, 11:10:43 am »

LOL My ex-bf some years back had a Lab puppy who chewed through the bathroom wall, dragged numerous pillows, blankets etc. out through the doggie door, carried mouthfulls of dirt and rocks IN through it, chewed up socks, wicker baskets, knocked over kitchen chairs and ate the cushions, ate the phone book, etc. Once I was watching him and I went to the house about an hour after my bf had left. It looked like the FBI had been in there turning the place over for drugs LOL
Report Spam   Logged

$aucy

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2008, 01:23:01 pm »

yea ever since my son could walk, i swear, my house is never been the same.

it's always a wreck. the more organized i've tried to keep it, it never stays clean for more than a day.

my floors are constantly sticky from him spilling his juice. and i'm constantly moppin it up.

i find food in the strangest areas of my house, like left over waffle in his toy trunk.
i always make him eat on his high chair, how it finds it way in there is still a mystery to me.

he's broken many wicks off my candles. cracked all our glass chess peices. wasted rolls and rolls of toilet paper.

*sigh.
but i wouldnt trade him for the world.

same goes with my shoes. he has a habit of going in to my closet and wearing my shoes and his dads shoes. i have to constantly search for my other shoes.

there are so

Report Spam   Logged
wizer

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2008, 02:22:33 pm »

my floors are constantly sticky from him spilling his juice. and i'm constantly moppin it up.
same goes with my shoes. he has a habit of going in to my closet and wearing my shoes and his dads shoes.

Get those no-spill "sippy cups". Problem solved.

Put a locking knob on the closet (assuming it's a standard door).

Report Spam   Logged
Rella

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2008, 05:28:41 pm »

I got her in April..although I try to keep a close watch on her and she is crated when I'm not home, it only takes a minute for her to get into trouble.

This morning, while I was still asleep, she started chewing at my pillow. I awoke to the sound of her chewing, and there were down feathers all over the bed. She took off most of the corner of the pillow.

One (or was it two) cell phone chargers...the cord was left dangling on the floor and that's all it took.

One laptop a/c adapter, while it was plugged in. She must have gotten a shock.

The plastic insert to the toilet paper holder. I had to install a new one.

Two or three insoles to shoes. Mine were still salvagable, my gf didn't want to wear hers with the insert all chewed up.

One of my black shoes, although there was a hole in the bottom anyway so I needed a new pair.

A mini remote that turns on and off an electrical appliance.

She chewed my cellphone and left teeth marks in it although it still worked.

She chewed the corners of a wooden coffee table..although I let her do it because it kept her busy and the table was old, but now she's chewing on the legs and arms of the kitchen table! That was a big mistake..

To be continued...

What kind of puppy is this?

I remember my sisters lab when she was a puppy......she loved to eat wood!  Any kind........chairs, tables,etc.  She chewed through one of her living rooms chairs too. She let her keep chewing it til she got through that chew stage I guess since she doesn't do that anymore.

Do you give the puppy any toys he/she can chew on?  Rawhide bones?
Report Spam   Logged

I must be a Yawnie cuz Rubes says so!!
wizer

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2008, 05:45:17 pm »

What kind of puppy is this?

I remember my sisters lab when she was a puppy......she loved to eat wood!  Any kind........chairs, tables,etc.  She chewed through one of her living rooms chairs too. She let her keep chewing it til she got through that chew stage I guess since she doesn't do that anymore.

Do you give the puppy any toys he/she can chew on?  Rawhide bones?

She's a Beagle mix. I give her a new toy and or rawhide, chewy thing periodically, she plays with it and then gets bored. over 3/4 of the rawhide and other chews I bring home she shows little to no interest in, which is a complete waste of money, those she does like she gets bored with after she eats it and I give her the same thing again. She liked pigs ears for a while, and now she barely touches them.

Report Spam   Logged
pi

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2008, 06:50:43 pm »

My dog chewed things when was little but he learned quick. He loves kleenex though. His kennel is right by the bathroom
and he'll sneak in there and get it and put it in his crate. He use to steal my bra out of the laundry hamper and
sleep with it. He never chewed them up but snuggled with them. He's a great dog... just a little strange.
Report Spam   Logged

Stop trying to figure it out. Just go with it.
Rella

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2008, 07:18:10 pm »

She's a Beagle mix. I give her a new toy and or rawhide, chewy thing periodically, she plays with it and then gets bored. over 3/4 of the rawhide and other chews I bring home she shows little to no interest in, which is a complete waste of money, those she does like she gets bored with after she eats it and I give her the same thing again. She liked pigs ears for a while, and now she barely touches them.

Ok then time for a different approach......

You know.......dogs don't just magically become trained all by themselves....how much time do you give her?  Are you there much to train her........and tell her a firm NO when she gets into something she shouldn't?  In order to have a well behaved and trained dog it takes a lot of time and effort put into them in order to receive the same.

I used to have dogs in the past.........however, they do take much time and effort for them to become the well behaved dogs we want them to be. That is why I now have cats LOL.  They are so easy to have and take no time and effort which is nice at this point in my life.
Report Spam   Logged

I must be a Yawnie cuz Rubes says so!!
pi

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2008, 07:48:11 pm »

She had abandoment issues. You wanna borrow my bra for her sleep with? Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Stop trying to figure it out. Just go with it.
$aucy

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2008, 07:51:45 pm »

Get those no-spill "sippy cups". Problem solved.

Put a locking knob on the closet (assuming it's a standard door).

yup, have those, and juice magically appears on my floors.
as for the closet, it's not a standard door.

i'm f o r e v e r cleaning.
partly my fault cause i'm a neat freak, and can't control my obsessive need to have my house squeeky clean at. all. times.
Report Spam   Logged
GoodWitch

There's No Place Like Home

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2008, 08:34:29 pm »

yup, have those, and juice magically appears on my floors.
as for the closet, it's not a standard door.

i'm f o r e v e r cleaning.
partly my fault cause i'm a neat freak, and can't control my obsessive need to have my house squeeky clean at. all. times.

My house is always clean, too. Nothing wrong with that. It makes me happy to be in nice surroundings! I'm not obsessive but I do keep up with things pretty well.
Report Spam   Logged

wizer

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2008, 08:38:32 pm »

I probably should spend more time playing with her or something. We go for walks at night after work, and we "rough house" and wrestle here and there...and she IS pretty well trained, I have taught her several tricks. But it only takes a few minutes of not watching her for the trouble to start.

Add a retractable leash to her list of damaged goods. I had tied a 1.5 foot length of light chain to the end of it because she would chew at it whenever it got near her mouth, and that took care of the problem for a while, but tonight, the leash went slack, and that was all it took for her to get her teeth on it. She bit through it, the leash retracted into the cylinder, and when I took it apart I was unable to put it back together in working order, so I just went and got another one for $30.

Report Spam   Logged
wizer

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2008, 11:44:37 pm »

She got to my new black shoes which I bought to replace the pair that she chewed the first time, although those were shot anyway. This pair was new. My gf cut off the chewed part which was the part that stick out on top, and you can't even tell (yes she did both shoes so they match!)..

She also bit a hole in the back of a pair of shorts that I got recently, about the size of a quarter. At least it provides gas ventilation.
Report Spam   Logged
Akash
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2008, 09:16:41 pm »

She also bit a hole in the back of a pair of shorts that I got recently, about the size of a quarter. At least it provides gas ventilation.

You know that's quite the positive spin on the hole in your shorts you have there.... Wink
Report Spam   Logged
wizer

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2008, 09:18:19 pm »

You know that's quite the positive spin on the hole in your shorts you have there.... Wink

You know what they say...the glass is half empty or half full...

Makes it easy to scratch too...

8)
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: