The_Matrix
April 16, 2024, 08:56:53 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Guests: Register for a free account today, and you can customize your profile, read hidden boards, and add your own posts and comments too!

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Ladies- 10 Bad Habits That Can Ruin Your Marriage (some also for guys)

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ladies- 10 Bad Habits That Can Ruin Your Marriage (some also for guys)  (Read 1807 times)
wizer

« on: July 08, 2008, 02:24:45 pm »

1. Not having sex
According to a 2003 Newsweek study, between 15% and 20% of couples are living in a sexless marriage, where couples make love no more than 10 times a year. While sex is not the be-all, end-all to a marriage, it’s one of the best ways to maintain intimacy. And when sex becomes a distant memory, your intimacy takes a severe hit.

2. Letting yourself go
Life happens – aging, pregnancy, illness, weight gain. You’re not going to look the way you did when you first met your spouse. Fortunately, “in deepening love, the exterior gets less important, and the interior is what we’re focused on.” However, whether you like it or not, your spouse does care what you look like now, just as you still want to be attracted to him.

It doesn’t hurt to put in a little extra effort to look nice for your hubby. Sometimes even a small change can make a big impact – resisting the urge to put on ratty sweats as soon as you get home, wearing a cute outfit instead of frumpy jeans for a night out, actually wearing some of the “sexy” lingerie you’ve bought.  Or make the commitment to exercise several times a week, which can, in turn, inspire your husband to break a sweat with you.

3. Spending too much time with the in-laws

That includes spilling private information to your family about your husband or marriage, or siding with them over him. These can all potentially hurt your marriage if your spouse feels like he comes second to your family.

4. Spending too much time with friends, work, hobbies
Having a life and interests apart from your husband is important, but not having your priorities straight can wreak havoc on your marriage. Maybe you’re using your friends or job as a welcome distraction from your spouse. Or maybe you simply enjoy your job or hobbies that much.

5. Not consulting your partner about purchases

According to a 2007 PayPal survey, 37% of couples fight more about money than household chores or sex, and 82% of respondents say they have hidden purchases from their partner. While not telling your husband about a new shirt you bought doesn’t spell disaster for your marriage, omitting large purchases or other major money commitments does.

6. Forgetting the smaller gestures
Those everyday signs of affection are what keep intimacy and romance alive. Yet many couples fail to remember to do them. “Spread as much sweetness around as possible.”

Kiss him when he walks in the door; ask him if he needs anything while you’re up; surprise him with a small gift (it doesn’t have to be expensive); touch his arm or leg when sitting next to him; say thank you when he does something for you, no matter how big or small. These sweet gestures are just as important, if not more, than when you were dating.

7. Criticizing and nagging endlessly
Finding fault with people – especially our loved ones – is easy. So is getting into the habit of mercilessly criticizing your partner. While your husband may joke about his nagging wife to his friends, he’s probably not finding it funny on the inside.

You might think you’re offering gentle reminders or that you’re being justifiably critical, but the more you nag, the more he’ll tune you out. And that just makes you angrier. Stop this vicious cycle by treating your hubby as an equal.

8. Always playing the victim
Never being at fault can be tiresome to a husband who isn’t always to blame either. “It’s difficult for everyone to take responsibility for bad behavior,” . Pointing the finger at someone else is easier and makes you feel better about yourself. Playing the victim is a control mechanism, and you use it when it suits you best.

9. Sweating the small stuff
So he forgot to pick up your dry-cleaning or fix the broken fence like he promised. It doesn’t mean he doesn’t love, respect and care about you. In a marriage, when so many things can and will go wrong, you have to sort out what is worth getting angry about. Many times we make a bigger deal over matters that we should be taking with a grain of salt.

10. Not fighting fair
Arguing to solve an issue isn’t necessarily the bad habit. You’ll inevitably come across differences when it comes to finances, children and responsibilities of home and work. But the way you settle those differences can be hurtful and destructive. If you wonder why you’re unsuccessful in solving your problems, it could be because you’re not going about it with good intentions.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Murdock

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 05:09:00 am »

you forgot one:

being a drunk crazy ****  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

~ Laughter is a Vacation ~
wizer

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2008, 01:00:57 pm »

you forgot one:

being a drunk crazy ****  Roll Eyes

Yeah but you said you are happily married.

Report Spam   Logged
Murdock

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2008, 05:40:38 pm »

Yeah but you said you are happily married.

I am... he overlooks this cause I'm cute with nice rack.

Report Spam   Logged

~ Laughter is a Vacation ~
mars bar

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2009, 12:27:13 am »

Yep I agree it applies to men as well. Its always nice to be greeted with a kiss and a smile rather than a frown cos your day has been crap and you need someone to vent your frustration out on.

A lot of people don't direct their anger at the person they are angry with but instead bring it home and project it onto their partners cos they think they will be able to take it or should take it. That's bullshit, you should always be pissed off at the person who causes you the grief and not the person you think will love you unconditonally. Cos the only love that is unconditional is the love a parent has for their child. All other love should come with a few conditions, why not, no-one likes to be taken for granted, and if I feel like I am being taken for granted, see ya later mate, next please!!
Report Spam   Logged
wizer

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2009, 12:29:51 am »

Yep I agree it applies to men as well. Its always nice to be greeted with a kiss and a smile rather than a frown cos your day has been crap and you need someone to vent your frustration out on.

A lot of people don't direct their anger at the person they are angry with but instead bring it home and project it onto their partners cos they think they will be able to take it or should take it. That's bullshit, you should always be pissed off at the person who causes you the grief and not the person you think will love you unconditonally. Cos the only love that is unconditional is the love a parent has for their child. All other love should come with a few conditions, why not, no-one likes to be taken for granted, and if I feel like I am being taken for granted, see ya later mate, next please!!

What about if I came home and ripped your clothes off and threw you on the bed and performed oral on you and then gave you amazing sex until you came?

Would that be better?
Report Spam   Logged
mars bar

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2009, 12:41:53 am »

That would be nice. What time should I expect you then?
Report Spam   Logged
wizer

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2009, 12:42:49 am »

We don't even live in the same country!

It might be awhile... sad
Report Spam   Logged
mars bar

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2009, 12:48:42 am »

Damn, and here I am sitting, naked waiting for you. I thought I'd save you the trouble of ripping my clothes off and do it myself.

First I have to go to the UK and service a couple of guys over there, but I promise that the US will be my next stop over after that!

Debbie did Dallas, but I'm planning on doing the world in 80 days!!
Report Spam   Logged
wizer

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2009, 12:51:38 am »

Damn, and here I am sitting, naked waiting for you. I thought I'd save you the trouble of ripping my clothes off and do it myself.

First I have to go to the UK and service a couple of guys over there, but I promise that the US will be my next stop over after that!

Debbie did Dallas, but I'm planning on doing the world in 80 days!!

Save me at least a week.

Report Spam   Logged
mars bar

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2009, 12:53:39 am »

1 week!!! But there are so many Chinese and only 80 days!!!

Report Spam   Logged
wizer

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2009, 12:55:55 am »

1 week!!! But there are so many Chinese and only 80 days!!!

You'll like those chinese dudes. Most of them don't have any hair on their bodies.

Unlike myself of course

furry
Report Spam   Logged
mofwtmy

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2009, 08:47:24 am »

Make sure you write their number down BEFORE you go to China - directories are banned - too many people wang the wong number when they tried to wing!

TAXI!

Report Spam   Logged
Firecrotch

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2009, 08:51:36 am »

furry
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: