The_Matrix
March 28, 2024, 11:42:33 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Guests: Register for a free account today, and you can customize your profile, read hidden boards, and add your own posts and comments too!

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

The daily thought

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The daily thought  (Read 3360 times)
Murdock

« Reply #60 on: October 14, 2008, 02:33:36 pm »

"For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul."
- Judy Garland
Report Spam   Logged

~ Laughter is a Vacation ~
$aucy

« Reply #61 on: October 15, 2008, 02:41:47 pm »

you can plan all you want, but will you be ready for the mystery of the next moment.
~ponder app.
Report Spam   Logged
Murdock

« Reply #62 on: October 15, 2008, 04:03:46 pm »

you can plan all you want, but will you be ready for the mystery of the next moment.
~ponder app.

oooh... I like it!

O0
Report Spam   Logged

wizer

« Reply #63 on: November 10, 2008, 03:34:36 pm »

Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important.
Report Spam   Logged
wizer

« Reply #64 on: November 21, 2008, 11:05:16 am »

There is nothing like staying at home for real comfort. 

That reminds me of something a therapist said to me once..when I used to go regularly, during the early part of my divorce. Soon after I was thrown out of my house in the middle of the night by two sheriff's deputies, due to a bogus restraining order filed by my ex (which she retracted about a month later), I was in her office, and still in a mild state of shock.

She said it's perfectly normal to feel that way...I was displaced from my home...and having a place to call home where you feel safe, secure, and comfortable is probably more important than anything else. And here I was..in an apartment, without most of my possessions, in a strange environment, plus dealing with all of the legal matters relating to my divorce...and that unsettled feeling didnt go away until recently..after I moved into my condo...and started making it my home.

This past week I tied together all of the projects I had on my list..everything is pretty much finished, and I finally feel like I am settled in. I'm home. Finally.

Report Spam   Logged
GoodWitch

There's No Place Like Home

« Reply #65 on: November 21, 2008, 11:10:27 am »

That reminds me of something a therapist said to me once..when I used to go regularly, during the early part of my divorce. Soon after I was thrown out of my house in the middle of the night by two sheriff's deputies, due to a bogus restraining order filed by my ex (which she retracted about a month later), I was in her office, and still in a mild state of shock.

She said it's perfectly normal to feel that way...I was displaced from my home...and having a place to call home where you feel safe, secure, and comfortable is probably more important than anything else. And here I was..in an apartment, without most of my possessions, in a strange environment, plus dealing with all of the legal matters relating to my divorce...and that unsettled feeling didnt go away until recently..after I moved into my condo...and started making it my home.

This past week I tied together all of the projects I had on my list..everything is pretty much finished, and I finally feel like I am settled in. I'm home. Finally.

There's No Place Like Home!  I'm glad you feel more settled. I knew you would. I'm a homebody myself.
Report Spam   Logged

Rella

« Reply #66 on: November 23, 2008, 06:32:43 pm »

There's No Place Like Home!  I'm glad you feel more settled. I knew you would. I'm a homebody myself.

Looks like you are all settled in Wizer......bet it feels good!! 

Report Spam   Logged

I must be a Yawnie cuz Rubes says so!!
wizer

« Reply #67 on: November 23, 2008, 06:49:57 pm »

Looks like you are all settled in Wizer......bet it feels good!! 

It sure does. I'm wrapping up all the projects now..which is good, but also...it leaves me with too much down time now.

And the girlfriend is working way too much. Now its going to start to matter.
Report Spam   Logged
chico
« Reply #68 on: December 10, 2008, 08:44:22 am »

don't get to comfortable yet, you may have to move one more time after the divorce.
into the poor house.
Report Spam   Logged
wizer

« Reply #69 on: December 24, 2008, 04:21:24 pm »

The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. 

This is a good one. Everyone's going to have some snags in their life, and it's how you respond to life's crisis that really matters.

I've taken a few hits in my life..this divorce, my building burning down in a fire, the loss of my mother at a young age..but if I knew at the time what I know now..that things are NEVER as bad as they seem..I would have gotten through it a whole lot better.

This divorce isn't "legally" over yet, but in my mind I have achieved relative "closure" and have saved myself a lot of grief.

Approach every catastrophe with an open mind. There are ALWAYS options, and if you are closeminded, and scared, and not thinking clearly, you won't see all of them.
Report Spam   Logged
Fine Point

rainmusic

« Reply #70 on: January 03, 2009, 04:41:38 am »

True, so very true.
Report Spam   Logged

There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance—that principle is contempt prior to investigation. – Herbert Spencer

GoodWitch

There's No Place Like Home

« Reply #71 on: January 03, 2009, 10:07:20 am »

The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. 

This is a good one. Everyone's going to have some snags in their life, and it's how you respond to life's crisis that really matters.

I've taken a few hits in my life..this divorce, my building burning down in a fire, the loss of my mother at a young age..but if I knew at the time what I know now..that things are NEVER as bad as they seem..I would have gotten through it a whole lot better.

This divorce isn't "legally" over yet, but in my mind I have achieved relative "closure" and have saved myself a lot of grief.

Approach every catastrophe with an open mind. There are ALWAYS options, and if you are closeminded, and scared, and not thinking clearly, you won't see all of them.

Very true. I like that a lot.
Report Spam   Logged

wizer

« Reply #72 on: January 13, 2009, 03:23:20 pm »

You play the hand you’re dealt. I think the game’s worthwhile.

I like this one. It compares life to a game..you're born into whatever situation it may be..whether its into the household of a drug addicted alcoholic living in poverty, or the child of a multimillionaire...you do what you can with whatever nature, genetics, and good old fashioned luck sends your way.

Report Spam   Logged
wizer

« Reply #73 on: January 13, 2009, 04:18:06 pm »

Victory is won not in miles, but in inches. Win a little now, hold your ground, and later, win a little more. 

So many of these seem to apply to my divorce..lol

It's been a battle for over 2 years..and at first I took some huge hits (casualties), I nursed my wounds, put on the tournequets where necessary..and the last few exchanges back ann forth..in court and between the attorneys, seem to be going my way.

If things go the way I expect them to..the final battle..DDAY...which is the trial in March..should end with me getting a reasonable settlement (victory!)..as it stands right now, her life is in turmoil, she's spending the money faster than I am shoveling it to her..and she's bitter and miserable as per her outburst in the court hallway yesterday.

Wars are not won in one day.
Report Spam   Logged
Murdock

« Reply #74 on: January 27, 2009, 07:43:50 pm »

However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act upon them?
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: