The_Matrix
March 28, 2024, 10:10:15 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Guests: Register for a free account today, and you can customize your profile, read hidden boards, and add your own posts and comments too!

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

The daily thought

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The daily thought  (Read 3367 times)
chico
« Reply #60 on: December 10, 2008, 08:44:22 am »

There is nothing like staying at home for real comfort. 

That reminds me of something a therapist said to me once..when I used to go regularly, during the early part of my divorce. Soon after I was thrown out of my house in the middle of the night by two sheriff's deputies, due to a bogus restraining order filed by my ex (which she retracted about a month later), I was in her office, and still in a mild state of shock.

She said it's perfectly normal to feel that way...I was displaced from my home...and having a place to call home where you feel safe, secure, and comfortable is probably more important than anything else. And here I was..in an apartment, without most of my possessions, in a strange environment, plus dealing with all of the legal matters relating to my divorce...and that unsettled feeling didnt go away until recently..after I moved into my condo...and started making it my home.

This past week I tied together all of the projects I had on my list..everything is pretty much finished, and I finally feel like I am settled in. I'm home. Finally.

don't get to comfortable yet, you may have to move one more time after the divorce.
into the poor house.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: