The_Matrix
April 20, 2024, 07:36:03 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Guests: Register for a free account today, and you can customize your profile, read hidden boards, and add your own posts and comments too!

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Recommended free software to download to your pc

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Recommended free software to download to your pc  (Read 529 times)
wizer

« on: July 07, 2008, 07:01:15 pm »

I will update this thread as I find software that I have used, or that sounds promising. Others are welcome to add their own, although I would like to include only freeware and unrestricted shareware programs here.

Wordweb. This thesaurus/dictionary can be used to look up words from almost any program. In addition to displaying sense definitions and synonyms, WordWeb can find sets of related words. The database has more than 150,000 root words and 120,000 synonym sets, many proper nouns, pronunciations, and usage tags. WordWeb works off line, but when online you can also quickly view web references such as the Wikipedia encyclopedia. Version 5.5 adds several thousand new entries and updates.

I use this all the time when writing business related documents or posting to forums. It runs in the system tray and is right there and ready to go for you.

Click HERE for free download.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

wizer

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 01:50:23 pm »

Check out This Website for a program called Advanced WindowsCare Personal.

I am working with it now, and it appears to be a great package, highly rated, which does everything from speed up and optimize your pc, to spyware prevention and removal, to registry fixes and better control of start up and boot items.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 01:59:06 pm by wizer » Report Spam   Logged
Oliver

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 08:58:23 pm »

Graphics software -

For photochopping I use The Gimp , it's a freeware open-source application and has everything you need to get started in image processing -  www.gimp.org

For 3-d modeling , animation and rendering I use Blender , another freeware application with quite a few very good features built in - www.blender.org

This is an animation I made with both of these packages , the person is a 3-d model created in Blender then imported into The Gimp to assemble the animation -

Report Spam   Logged
wizer

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008, 09:49:17 pm »

That's nice work Oliver..hmm...I wonder if you can animate the graphic for this website? You know, make the Matrix graphic sort of undulate and spin or something...?

Report Spam   Logged
GoodWitch

There's No Place Like Home

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008, 09:58:58 pm »

That's nice work Oliver..hmm...I wonder if you can animate the graphic for this website? You know, make the Matrix graphic sort of undulate and spin or something...?

I know he can!  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Oliver

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2008, 07:10:14 pm »

I might be able to do something like it , that would be a particle emitter type thing like this one -

I've played around a bit with this but it would take a while to figure out how to do something like the logo . I'll check it out .
Report Spam   Logged
wizer

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2008, 09:45:59 pm »

I've played around a bit with this but it would take a while to figure out how to do something like the logo . I'll check it out .

Cool, thanks for looking into it.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: