The_Matrix
March 28, 2024, 11:56:38 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Guests: Register for a free account today, and you can customize your profile, read hidden boards, and add your own posts and comments too!

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Fountains and clocks

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fountains and clocks  (Read 460 times)
wizer

« on: September 26, 2008, 03:28:40 pm »

I've been on a bit of a shopping frenzy lately...the way I figure it, I'm in the condo for a while...and I have been surrounded by 400 square feet of living space and sparse possessions for way too long.

I find myself drawn toward interior water features, as I posted in another thread, I purchased a large (as in about 3-4 feet wide) fountain/statue for the middle of my living room. I got a few small table top fountains from the 'marital residence' (the ex couldnt be bothered playing around with the pumps and setting it up), and I just got a tall 3 bambo fountain with cascading water, and a coffee table with built in statue/fountain that matches the coffee table and large fountain in the living room. My dad had given me a small rock fountain when I visited him earlier in the summer, and I got another outdoor "wall" fountain with spout..that brings the total number of fountains in the condo to..lets see...2 small, 2 outdoor, 1 coffee table, 1 bambo, and the large one. That's 7 statues in a condo that is under 2000 square feet. Maybe I am overdoing it a bit..but they look and sound really nice.

I think that's why I like clocks too...as with fountains, they're decorative, they "move", they "make sounds"...and they need to be tinkered with from time to time...which is good for me because I like to mess around with stuff.

I have lets see...a grandfather clock, built from a kit, a large 4 foot wall clock also built from a kit..a "schoolhouse regulator" from a kit, a small pendulum clock purchased on ebay that looked a lot bigger in the picture on the listing (LOL),2 antique "Regulator" style clocks, plus one "Linden Hanging wall clock". I also just purchased one of those huge round wall clocks that look "antiquey" but really are modern, with a battery operated movement. So that's...8 clocks, plus a decorative brass one that swings on a base..They all work, even the ones with mechanical movements except for one with a sprung spring. I took a clock repair course once but even with that, clock repair is very complicated and requires skills that are only obtained by the guys that do this for a living..and they are a diminishing breed. But I digress.

I think all homes should have lots of fountains and clocks. Because they make nice sounds, and they "do something" besides sit there waiting to be looked at.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

I have clocks in my office too, and I think I will add a fountain..I just need a place for it.

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

GoodWitch

There's No Place Like Home

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2008, 05:00:47 pm »

Sounds cool! I have a lot of clocks around, too. Just becasue I have to follow schedules for some things and I need to know the time. The two times a year we change the time I synchronize all of them as perfectly as possible.
Report Spam   Logged

wizer

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2008, 08:32:37 pm »

Sounds cool! I have a lot of clocks around, too. Just becasue I have to follow schedules for some things and I need to know the time. The two times a year we change the time I synchronize all of them as perfectly as possible.

Ah, good ole' daylight savings time. An archaic pointless concept that is no longer necessary, that takes me probably the entire hour I save once a year to reset all the clocks.

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: