The_Matrix
March 29, 2024, 05:08:40 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Guests: Register for a free account today, and you can customize your profile, read hidden boards, and add your own posts and comments too!

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Finally got my eye exam

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Finally got my eye exam  (Read 1282 times)
Oliver

« on: August 14, 2009, 04:27:42 pm »

Well I bit the bullet and went and got my eye exam... everything looks good, no problems with glaucoma or anything like that... the doctor said one eye was 2.5 and the other was 2.25 so maybe that's why I've been having problems with these store-bought magnifiers lately, they've been starting to give me a headache. The whole gig today added up to 430 bucks but we have vision insurance at my work and they picked up 350 of it... not bad considering I only pay 7 bucks a month... anyway I get the new glasses in a week and hopefully that'll take care of the headache problem.

Now if these damn dilating drops would just wear off, everything looks like it's in a fog. I go outside and I can't even see because I have to squint so much... thank god I had sunglasses in my car for the drive home.. but now I look in the mirror and I see shark eyes looking back... weird...  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

GoodWitch

There's No Place Like Home

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2009, 06:29:48 am »

I hate those dilating drops. My eyes are very dark brown so they don't look very different at all when my pupils are dilated but it does look odd on people with light eyes! Glad your exam went well.
Report Spam   Logged

wizer

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2009, 08:24:01 pm »

The dilating drops should have worn off within an hour or two. For unknown reasons they sometimes can last longer, I've had patients call me into the evening who I dilated early in the morning. It's rare but it happens.

Regarding over the counter (OTC) reading glasses..

- They're not optical quality lenses
- They don't balance out differences between your two eyes
- The optical centers do not line up with your eyes because they use a generic spacing
- The frames are poor quality and are not usually adjusted properly
- The lenses do not correct for astigmatism, which most people have to some degree

As you have found out, there's a big difference between quality Rx reading glasses and drugstore magnifiers.

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: