The_Matrix
March 28, 2024, 06:55:23 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Guests: Register for a free account today, and you can customize your profile, read hidden boards, and add your own posts and comments too!

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Google Chrome is fast … insanely fast … faster than Firefox and IE.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Google Chrome is fast … insanely fast … faster than Firefox and IE.  (Read 1325 times)
wizer

« on: May 30, 2009, 02:50:56 pm »

It is.

I just downloaded and installed it. I almost feel like I'm hanging on for my life when I load pages..it's actually hard to keep up with it.

Assuming they have solved the bugs that plagued this browser and caused unexpected lockups...this is the only browser I'll be using going forward.

It's also got an optional default homepage that shows your most recently viewed pages as thumbnail graphics which are clickable links.

Installation is fast and Firefox and/or IE bookmarks, passwords, and other settings can be imported during the install.

Reviews HERE

Download and more information HERE
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

dockster

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2009, 09:10:02 pm »

Wizer,

as per your suggestion I downloaded "chrome".

Now, as I move from topic to topic, website to website ,  my screens appear  about a quarter inch short all around.

I stretch them out with my"mouse". But when I switch to another screen, they are "small" again.

How do I permanently fix my screen size?
Report Spam   Logged
Fine Point

rainmusic

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2009, 09:49:56 pm »

I think I'll wait until someone develops an ad- and script-blocker for it.
Report Spam   Logged

There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance—that principle is contempt prior to investigation. – Herbert Spencer

wizer

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2009, 12:47:34 am »

Wizer,

as per your suggestion I downloaded "chrome".

Now, as I move from topic to topic, website to website ,  my screens appear  about a quarter inch short all around.

I stretch them out with my"mouse". But when I switch to another screen, they are "small" again.

How do I permanently fix my screen size?

If the problem is what I think it is...make sure you have only one Google Chrome window open..then make sure it is other than maximized..so you can drag it to change it's size, and then do that. drag the sides and top or bottom as necessary to fill the screen, so it's not really maximized but it's resized as large as you can get it. Then close Google Chrome and reopen it.

The settings should stick.

Hope that makes sense. Let me know.

Report Spam   Logged
dockster

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2009, 12:30:37 pm »

Wizer. ,

Did as you suggested..

Still have same problem.

any other suggestions ?
Report Spam   Logged
wizer

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2009, 01:57:03 pm »

When you say you have space all around...is it space outside the browser window, or space within the browser window itself?

Can you take a screenshot?

I use Paintshop Pro which has a capture function...

Report Spam   Logged
fairydust
Bronze

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2009, 10:09:32 pm »

I hope they make a Mac version of it so I can give it a whirl. I do have windows on my iMac.. but blah.. I rarely pop over there.. I find windoze so annoying and confusing. I just put it on the 'puter just on the off chance that there is something i can't do or open with my Mac.   I always have like 7 different browsers open so adding another would be fun..

I really like Safari, Omniweb and Firefox.  Shiira, Sea Monkey and Flock are OK.. and Opera sucks..
Report Spam   Logged

wizer

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2009, 02:02:50 pm »

I hope they make a Mac version of it so I can give it a whirl. I do have windows on my iMac.. but blah.. I rarely pop over there.. I find windoze so annoying and confusing. I just put it on the 'puter just on the off chance that there is something i can't do or open with my Mac.   I always have like 7 different browsers open so adding another would be fun..

I really like Safari, Omniweb and Firefox.  Shiira, Sea Monkey and Flock are OK.. and Opera sucks..

You sure like to try out different browsers.

Report Spam   Logged
fairydust
Bronze

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2009, 01:01:25 am »

lol.. I need to have different browsers open to keep an eye on some accounts. If I opened them all in the same browser I'd have to log in and out of each of them over and over... sometimes its annoying having so many browsers open but it works.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: