The_Matrix
April 16, 2024, 01:39:23 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Guests: Register for a free account today, and you can customize your profile, read hidden boards, and add your own posts and comments too!

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Memorial Day Weekend

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Memorial Day Weekend  (Read 911 times)
GoodWitch

There's No Place Like Home

« on: May 25, 2009, 08:49:21 pm »

Hope everyone had a good one! It was warm & sunny here - a perfect welcome to summer.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

wizer

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 11:45:07 am »

I planned a few activities for the long weekend...

Went to the stock car races out East, something I enjoy doing a few times each summer. Unfortunately the place seems to be experiencing a downturn the past few seasons..attendance is way down and there aren't nearly as many cars on the track..so it's not as competitive, there aren't as many crashes, and it finished up fairly quickly. In a nutshell it was rather boring.

I did some scuba diving on Sunday, dove a wreck at 97 feet. It was nice getting back in the water, polishing up the rusty dive skills and realizing I need to make some changes to my "rig" to improve my diving technique. But it was COLD...I use a semi dry suit which allows water in the suit, and it's still to early in the season for that.

Last night I went to a Met game, a friend had some extra tickets. He said the seats were good, but they were like 10 rows from the very top of the Stadium, all the way out in left field. Not sure where he got the idea that the seats were good when there were probably only a small handful that were worse..when you're that high up it's hard to get into the game, at least for me..plus baseball isn't a favorite sport of mine anyway, it's just something to do.

And I saw my girlfriend for a few hours in between her spending time with her kids and working...not much new in that department. But the barbeque and the intimacy was nice, as always.

So that was my weekend.
Report Spam   Logged
GoodWitch

There's No Place Like Home

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2009, 03:09:53 pm »

Saturday & Sunday I went to the track (Monmouth Park). Monday up to my aunt's with 2 of my cousins. Grilled steaks, etc., had a good time overall.

Now it's chilly & dreary, feels like summer's over already LOL
Report Spam   Logged

Fine Point

rainmusic

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2009, 07:01:43 pm »

I had a nice day and I'm happy to hear everyone else had a nice one too!    smiley
Report Spam   Logged

There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance—that principle is contempt prior to investigation. – Herbert Spencer

wizer

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2009, 10:41:14 pm »

[spoiler][/spoiler]

This is a test post - please disregard

Report Spam   Logged
Nikkie

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2009, 02:38:54 pm »

[spoiler][/spoiler]

This is a test post - please disregard

Nope sorry - I don't like being told what to do....I refuse to disregard it!  evil
Report Spam   Logged
wizer

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2009, 02:49:36 pm »

Nope sorry - I don't like being told what to do....I refuse to disregard it!  evil

There's something very attractive about a strongwilled woman.

Until the divorce of course

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: